Still tripping

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Pretty hilarious the threads on here a week ago that were bashing Lebby’s recruiting.

Lebby is a beast on the recruiting trail.
dan mullen dancing GIF by Florida Gators
Unlike this guy?

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Yet "retire the banner" says "he's a beast on the recruiting trail" before he "even coaches a game". So which is it?
That makes his recruiting so far even more impressive. Guys jumping in the boat without even seeing him coach a game says a lot.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
That makes his recruiting so far even more impressive. Guys jumping in the boat without even seeing him coach a game says a lot.
What would you say they base that commitment on, just an honest question? I thought it was an interesting comparison from Goat of all people about Sloppy Joe getting recruits too for absolutely no reason at all

• Sad

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Seriously, if you want to have any chance of being competitive, donate regularly. No matter how much you hate the NIL world. If you’re giving to Bulldog Club & not Bulldog initiative, you may as well just throw your money in the fireplace.
You’re throwing it in there anyway. Your donation isn’t making a dent, when it compares to our peers in the SEC.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
About the recruiting rankings ? We are at 29 all of a sudden with maybe another commit coming. Can we hold them ? We will see but so far so good
2024-06-23 21_30_10-2025 Industry Football Team Recruiting Rankings - Brave.png
Where you seeing this? On3 has us at 45, with 3 four stars and 7 three stars. OM at 16, with 6 four stars and 6 three stars

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
What would you say they base that commitment on, just an honest question? I thought it was an interesting comparison from Goat of all people about Sloppy Joe getting recruits too for absolutely no reason at all
His ability to sell his program and his offense, plus a better NIL situation. The man knows how to recruit in today's college football. Sloppy wasnt some great recruiter. He just followed a generally poor recruiter (but great coach and developer).

Last edited:

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I know which one I'd rather have. Sloppy Joe was a beast on the crootin trail too, amirite?
His spring game offense looked better prepared than any of Joe’s teams, at any point. He may not succeed, but I have no doubt the offense will be better. The defense is his potential downfall.

Reactions: patdog

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
It is a fact MSU wants a BC donation in order for you to buy football season tickets and other season tickets. So maybe it is a waste to some but not MSU.

I Canceled my NIL donation. It wasn't much so it won't be missed. However there are principles involved here. My kids need "nil" too.

If a player wants to come cut my grass or wash cars to earn this money, they can. Otherwise, ask someone else.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
It is a fact MSU wants a BC donation in order for you to buy football season tickets and other season tickets. So maybe it is a waste to some but not MSU.

I Canceled my NIL donation. It wasn't much so it won't be missed. However there are principles involved here. My kids need "nil" too.

If a player wants to come cut my grass or wash cars to earn this money, they can. Otherwise, ask someone else.
You shouldn't watch them represent State on tv either. You should spend that time doing stuff with your kids. They need your time.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Maybe he watches States Student athletes play sports with his kids by his side. That would be doing something with them. Maybe he helps pay their tuition and they are in advanced studies and don't have time to work a job and they don't get free room, board, and education, and he works hard to send them to State. Hmmmm.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
How many stars we talkin?
My kid is a 10 star in my book.

Some dude that I've never heard of that hasn't played one play .... zero stars in my book.

Which by the way... how much do these recruiting websites pay the high schoolers for their pictures, video and interviews that generate subscribers to their website?

Last edited:

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
You shouldn't watch them represent State on tv either. You should spend that time doing stuff with your kids. They need your time.

I pay for my TV. I can watch what i want and espn and the sec will gladly feed it to my home. Which i watch all kind of sports and none of them are asking me to contribute money to flesh peddlers.

This "NIL" isn't real. Athletes being asked by business to endorse their products is real NIL. Asking random people to help buy high schools kids is..... well.... I digress.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
View attachment 596631
Where you seeing this? On3 has us at 45, with 3 four stars and 7 three stars. OM at 16, with 6 four stars and 6 three stars
On3 is slow evaluating some guys, 247 is higher… the ratings will be 20-35 range as always. If better, then we got a couple I didn’t expect or worse missed on a couple.

either way the transfer portal will be available so the product on the field is no longer just about HS players. Even guys we missed on may come here a year or so later.

Having said that, It’s easy to see Lebby has a good start to this years class, grab a few more and it’s better than most years before he even coaches a down.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It's hilarious watching people prop up NIL as something all loyal fans should do. As if booster pay-for-play is even NIL at all.

patdog

May 28, 2007

But you're OK taking money away from your kids to give to the Bulldog Club? That's pointless.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
But you're OK taking money away from your kids to give to the Bulldog Club? That's pointless.
Fair point. I contribute to the BC because the school requires it for football tickets. Otherwise I would not.

However you are right. I could just buy off SeatGeek and avoid the BC contribution.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Fair point. I contribute to the BC because the school requires it for football tickets. Otherwise I would not.

However you are right. I could just buy off SeatGeek and avoid the BC contribution.
Don't fall for that strawman. You at least get a consolation prize for BC donations, and BC donations fund scholarships i.e. good thing. NIL, as far as booster pay-for-play, is a different thing.

And let me make one thing clear.....nothing wrong with the collectives. I'm glad we have one. But it's a rich man's game. Anyone can make all the donations they want to it, but NO ONE should be shamed if they don't.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
And let me make one thing clear.....nothing wrong with the collectives. I'm glad we have one. But it's a rich man's game. Anyone can make all the donations they want to it, but NO ONE should be shamed if they don't.
Does even one person disagree with this point?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Oh I’m aware, I’ve been reading this board since the beginning. I’m not sure why that’s considered a badge of honor though
retire.....I don't agree with you much on MSU football, from our approach to coaching, NIL, hell even the logo. But I do on the state of the game in general, and I admit I do admire your passion for wanting things a certain way. The difference in you/me and a guy like DCD is, he just has an acceptance for the way things are.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login