Stinnett starting pitcher tomorrow

MsuDog1332

Mar 5, 2022
He may do better there. Some just don’t have a closers mentality. He’s going to have to find a place, he is going to be needed so he needs to get right.

WutheringDawg

Dec 4, 2010
I kind of like the move. He was a 2.40 era guy who struck out 31 in 18 innings last year and you gotta get him right because we need him to pitch more in 2022. Get him 1 time through the order and on to the next one.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
We are low on options right now. Two thirds of our rotation from opening weekend is injured and supposedly our best reliever to this point may be too.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
He was solid until the Missouri game last year. Before that I remember thinking he would be our closer this year. That was the first game I saw him pitch in person. Guess I jinxed him. He kinda struggled after that. Most of his hits / walks / runs were given up in the last few appearances of the year.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I think I’m to the point now where it’s basically… do I feel good about it? No. Can I think of better options? Not really.

With Stinnett, if he can somehow find a way to settle down and locate his pitches, I could easily see him throwing 5-6 innings while giving up 3-4 runs. The obvious question, though, is can he find his groove in games before it’s too late?

Then there’s the question of other options. Throw Simmons or Smith, decimating your weekend even further? A true freshman like Kohn? I really don’t know. I guess I’ve reached a point with PS where if you can’t rely on him to give you solid pen relief on weekends, you may as well see what he can give you midweek.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
At this point based on the results so far in the season, doing anything is better than doing nothing

bankerbullie

Mar 3, 2008
we have guys with talent..they just need to throw strikes..we absolutely at this stage can not continue to walk players..that's a death sentence practically every time.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Interesting. May be a good move as it doesn’t look like closer role will work out

I like it. Desperate times require desperate measures. We have to identify pitchers with arm talent and find out what role they perform best in. Here we have a guy with a good arm who isn't helping us because he can't throw strikes in late innings with the game on the line. So why not put him in a different situation and see what he can do. We won't know until we try. If it works great if it doesn't we are screwed anyway.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I'm okay with it let him start snd see what happens if he gets behind pull him. It's better than having a lead and blowing it

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login