Stoops is right, but sounds like a whiner

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I love to hear the multimillionaire begging us plebs for more money. Keep in mind, this dude probably wouldn't shake your hand if you saw him at the gas station, but he wants you to give your money. Yes, I know there are restrictions keeping coaches from donating. But you could get around it. At this point, it's just a shell game.

Collectives should publicly pressure corporations and high-earning alumni with a "price match" donation. Currently, it's the other way around. Flip the script if you got the balls.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
As was said, UGA would recruit better than UK even if UK fans emptied their pockets. College football is what it is and some programs are just above others.

With the exception of Louisville, we saw that on full display this weekend. OHSt thumped undefeated Maryland. UCLA knocks off previously undefeated Wazzou. UK thumped by UGA. LSU over Missouri. ... on and on.

Best example, Bama beats oil money NIL aTm and is in the drivers seat for the SEC Championship game... again.

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
As was said, UGA would recruit better than UK even if UK fans emptied their pockets. College football is what it is and some programs are just above others.

With the exception of Louisville, we saw that on full display this weekend. OHSt thumped undefeated Maryland. UCLA knocks off previously undefeated Wazzou. UK thumped by UGA. LSU over Missouri. ... on and on.

Best example, Bama beats oil money NIL aTm and is in the drivers seat for the SEC Championship game... again.
If the 2nd tier teams will chip away at say 2% per year from the Blue Blood, that's add up over time.

You're right for the foreseeable future, but over time it can change

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
If the 2nd tier teams will chip away at say 2% per year from the Blue Blood, that's add up over time.

The system in place is doing the opposite. The rich are getting richer. The only thing really changing is the shuffling around of the Blue Bloods.

Reactions: patdog and Maroon13

dawgflo

Nov 17, 2021

I'd love to chip away at 2% per year, but that only helps if the Blue Bloods stay stagnant. That isn't how this works. They get bigger by 10-15% so the 2% is obsolete.

Cdbo

Oct 4, 2023
Until we have a salary cap and equal distribution of TV money, the rich will get richer and the poor will suffer. Look out for super conferences and schools like us moved down a level.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I love to hear the multimillionaire begging us plebs for more money. Keep in mind, this dude probably wouldn't shake your hand if you saw him at the gas station, but he wants you to give your money. Yes, I know there are restrictions keeping coaches from donating. But you could get around it. At this point, it's just a shell game.

Collectives should publicly pressure corporations and high-earning alumni with a "price match" donation. Currently, it's the other way around. Flip the script if you got the balls.
Semi OT (i.e. I realized Stoops is not a UK guy): Can a coach donate to his alma mater? Imagine if Croom had panned out, was highly paid and supported Bama's NIL...

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

Like the Rock and Oprah asking for the public to donate the Hawaii victims. At least the Rock did offer a half hearted apology for that.

Reactions: aTotal360

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Until we have a salary cap and equal distribution of TV money, the rich will get richer and the poor will suffer. Look out for super conferences and schools like us moved down a level.
Our games v Bama in 91,92, 94 and 17, were much more competitive than our games v them the past 4 years. The talent gap has grown.

If OhSt, Mich, Bama, UGA etc. joined their own NFL minor league. Leaving MSU in the AAC or something similar AND college football returned to quasi-amateurism....Id be fine with that.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Semi OT (i.e. I realized Stoops is not a UK guy): Can a coach donate to his alma mater? Imagine if Croom had panned out, was highly paid and supported Bama's NIL...
Stricklin gives a ton to the BC and BI.......Im sure****

He should. (no sarcasterick.)

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He is using it as an excuse for getting his *** whipped after cursing through a weak *** schedule. I don't even know why they are still ranked.

Reactions: aTotal360
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login