Stricklin looking for a new MBB coach?

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
What a dumb hire by Georgia. Hire the coach that a rival school wants to get rid of. Would be like if we had fired Moorhead and replaced him with Matt Luke.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
That’s one of the more what the 17 moves I’ve seen… white was on the hot seat at Florida

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Meanwhile Cohen going over the Binghamton scouting report to prepare for his color commentary tomorrow night.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
What a dumb hire by Georgia. Hire the coach that a rival school wants to get rid of. Would be like if we had fired Moorhead and replaced him with Matt Luke.

That’s one of the more what the 17 moves I’ve seen… white was on the hot seat at Florida

Coaches can move to a different program and find success immediately after being fired.

McDemott was fired from ISU and hired that year by Creighton. It's worked out great for Creighton.
Barnes was fired at UT and hired that year by...UT. It's worked out well for Tennessee.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
You mean Florida that has won 2 national championships in the last 20 years or Georgia that won the 2008 sec tournament?

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Coaches can move to a different program and find success immediately after being fired.

McDemott was fired from ISU and hired that year by Creighton. It's worked out great for Creighton.
Barnes was fired at UT and hired that year by...UT. It's worked out well for Tennessee.

Texas firing Barnes was max level ego. Winningest coach in school history has a "disappointing" 20-14 season and all the accomplishments mean nothing.

Btw, 20-14 basically matches Shaka Smart's winning percentage in his 6 years after Barnes.

Texas idiots.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016

I think it’s a great move for White. He can press restart on his career. I was more talking about for UGA. With the money and resources they have I would’ve thought they could do better than a coach who is on the hot seat at a rival conference team.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
I think it’s a great move for White. He can press restart on his career. I was more talking about for UGA. With the money and resources they have I would’ve thought they could do better than a coach who is on the hot seat at a rival conference team.

Good move for White. UGA fans could care less about basketball; it's just a diversion between the end of football season and Spring football. White can win 15 - 18 games/yr. at UGA, with an off-year every 3 or 4 years and UGA fans will be fine with that and so will the administration. UF got spoiled during the Billy Donovan era.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012

Best example was OM hiring Nutt.

If you’re White, why not hang out at UF one more year, then take the OM job when they fire Kermit next season?

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
If you’re White, why not hang out at UF one more year, then take the OM job when they fire Kermit next season?

This^^^^

I’d be a little let down if I was a reb. I’d think a good number of them had him penciled in when that cut Kermit loose. It’s funny from our perspective though…

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login