Struggling

Aug 31, 2012
All right pack…
Mrs Skipper making me watch Sweet Magnolias. Football can’t get here soon enough. I know I’m a wuss, but how does the pack make it when
Said wife who has half the money and all the ***** makes you sit through this soppy ****

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Al Pacino Hitting Woman GIF - Al Pacino Hitting Woman Hitting Gif GIFs

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

BELdog

Aug 23, 2012
My wife has never asked me to watch any of that stupid ****. I don’t make her watch Vietnam or World War II documentaries or listen to the Jocko or Shawn Ryan podcasts. There’s plenty of other stuff to watch that we can both enjoy.

AROB44

Mar 20, 2008
Aw helllll. It just got worse. After watching 3 hours of that sugar coated bull **** about who loves who, now mrs skipper says we have to go to tin top grill in bon secour tomorrow for bottomless mimosas.
We’ll at least I can get some collar greens

Don't diss the Tin Top.

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
All right pack…
Mrs Skipper making me watch Sweet Magnolias. Football can’t get here soon enough. I know I’m a wuss, but how does the pack make it when
Said wife who has half the money and all the ***** makes you sit through this soppy ****
I made a big mistake. I was surfing for something for both of us to watch and came across a write up that said "This is a series about a doctor that takes over a hospital that's in trouble" or something like that. So we started watching. It's a continuous soap opera, boring as hell, and goes on for about 82 episodes. Wife loves it, and I sit by her side looking at my phone. Over and over again.

Reactions: skipper.sixpack
Aug 31, 2012
Don't diss the Tin Top.
Oh no. I love tin top, great food. Only problem is she’ll drink bottomless mimosas, then make promises she won’t keep and then I’ll have to watch reruns of “Sweet Magnolias “ because she can’t remember what happened on the show last night

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Aw helllll. It just got worse. After watching 3 hours of that sugar coated bull **** about who loves who, now mrs skipper says we have to go to tin top grill in bon secour tomorrow for bottomless mimosas.
You're bitching about eating at Tin Top? You might should give your password to SPS to the Mrs and let her join the conversation.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Hey Tin top is actually pretty good. That one ill compromise on.
As far as tv goes we have multiple tvs. I watch stuff I want to snd she watches sappy stuff while I watch guy stuff. We watch movies together that we both like on the big tv in the living room. Which she did buy for me to watch games. But guess which tv she watches all the sappy stuff on? Yep the big tv and I'm relegated to the other room or porch to watch whatever. It works though.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I have a few solutions after almost 40 years of marriage:

1. Say "OK, I'll watch your program if you come in here and watch the equal amount of time of YouTube videos with me with subjects such as "How to install batteries and solar panels on top of the workshop", or "Removing the deck from the lawn tractor to replace the idler pulley thats about to disintegrate" or "How to build a squirrel proof bird feeder". That tactic is almost 100% guaranteed to work. If it doesn't...

2. About 10 minutes into her program, I'm usually snoring loud enough that it bothers her and she tells me to go to bed anyway.

3. I'll tell her I'll be there in just a minute. I text my brother and tell him to text me non stop for about 15 minutes. He always replies, "about to watch a Lifetime movie huh? After about his 3rd or 4th text she will say just forget about it..........

Edited to say that we just don't have compatible tastes when it comes to watching tv, she hates the stuff I watch and v/v so it really isn't that hard to overcome but the above topics have worked considerably well

Last edited:

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
My wife watches that show also and I can't satnd it or anything on the Hallmark channel. Every time she fires up netflix and gets about 10 min into an episode. Say you need to go work on something in the garage or office. Grab a 6er out of the fridge and enjoy some alone time catching a buzz.

Every couple needs individual hobbies so you have a reason to spend some time apart.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
All right pack…

The only show worse than Sweet Magnolias is This Is Us. Thank god they ended that abortion. Every freaking episode was people depressed, suicidal, fat depressed (definitely portrayed as different from regular depressed), missing a dead loved one and acting out because of it, hurt by a close friend or family member, dying, etc. I started watching other stuff on my phone with headphones so that I didn’t also revel in these sorry a s s people’s misery.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
All right pack…
Just don't let her start Suits.

• Angry
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
My wife makes me leave the room when she watches Thor. I'm not sure why.

NashLA

May 5, 2009
You all did it wrong. My dearly beloved's favorite genre is spy/espionage thriller, and insists on watching Band of Brothers at least once a year. Also, if she wasn't always in the kitchen making sammiches, she'd be watching the football.

Herbert Nenninger

Feb 9, 2019
Plot line for every hallmark movie ever made:

Boy meets girl. Girl already has a boyfriend; he wears a suit and has an important job in the city. Girl rethinks her priorities and dumps boyfriend. Girl and other boy fall in love. Throughout this time, loveable grandpa and token minority friend make several appearances. With 11 minutes to go in the movie, there’s some drama or misinformation that makes boy and girl mad at each other. But after a quick commercial break, they realize they really do love each other and they do a kissy smooch.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
It’s colored greens. You don’t call them collared people. Jeez….

• Haha

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Plot line for every hallmark movie ever made:

Boy meets girl. Girl already has a boyfriend; he wears a suit and has an important job in the city. Girl rethinks her priorities and dumps boyfriend. Girl and other boy fall in love. Throughout this time, loveable grandpa and token minority friend make several appearances. With 11 minutes to go in the movie, there’s some drama or misinformation that makes boy and girl mad at each other. But after a quick commercial break, they realize they really do love each other and they do a kissy smooch.
Yep. Became a bit of a HMC expert visiting my mother in her final years as it was all she wanted to watch. Just the 2 of us watching it sun up to sun down. They did flip the boy/girl "struggles" between city slicker dude and country girl "back home" with high rise corporate chick and manly man (yet sensitive) back on the farm/ranch as a change up. Seemed to snow a lot too.

Don't forget the full 20 min commercial free intro to hook you in and then a break what seemed every 5 mins till the end. My mother had a clock on a VCR under the TV so I could tell exactly where we were in the story line and what was about to happen including the 11 min mark "misunderstanding". It was kind of impressive how they hit everyone of those marks no matter the plot.

And we won't even get into what happened when they went to a "foreign country".

Reactions: dstatechamps
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login