Student newspapers...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Northwestern's student newspaper published stories that led to the firing of Fitzgerald. Today, Stanford's president resigned after articles about him were printed in its paper (the Daily - good paper: I read it once upon a time when I worked there):

Reactions: dorndawg

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
Northwestern's student newspaper published stories that led to the firing of Fitzgerald. Today, Stanford's president resigned after articles about him were printed in its paper (the Daily - good paper: I read it once upon a time when I worked there):

Leave it to Stanford to have a male president with a hyphenated name.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Leave it to Stanford to have a male president with a hyphenated name.
Believe it or not, it used to be very popular amongst bourgeoisie Britons, (see generally, Robert Baden-Powell). Being in the upper echelons of academia, wouldn't surprise me if it was a legacy from that era.

Or then again, his name kinda looks French, doesn't it?

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Believe it or not, it used to be very popular amongst bourgeoisie Britons, (see generally, Robert Baden-Powell). Being in the upper echelons of academia, wouldn't surprise me if it was a legacy from that era.

For what it's worth, he's Canadian.

angry canada GIF by South Park

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012

Are you implying that the founder of International Scouting was a woman, or even more detestable, a Frenchman?!!*

How Dare You Greta GIF

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
A student paper did this. Awesome. Major news outlets had more important investigations to cover, apparently.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010

The reflector was harsh on foglesong when he started losing his mind in his last year. I remember that he used to send staffers to the news stands around campus to collect all of the papers that were put out before the students could get to campus and pick one up.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
The reflector was harsh on foglesong when he started losing his mind in his last year. I remember that he used to send staffers to the news stands around campus to collect all of the papers that were put out before the students could get to campus and pick one up.
Yeah but that senile old bastard fired Larry Templeton, so God bless him.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login