Students being moved in the Hump...

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
It's really like we self-imposed a probation on ourselves when we fired Stans and moved the students the first time. That's the only explanation I have for what MSU basketball has been for the last decade.
Yep, a decade. I remember seeing some say it would take us a decade to recover at the time, they got roundly laughed at.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Ted Bear Dry Hump GIF
Thrust Excited Kid Dry Hump GIF

Humpday Fresh Prince GIF - Humpday Fresh Prince Will Smith GIFs
Hump Hump Day GIF - Hump Hump Day Dance GIFs
Chris Pratt Dance GIF - Chris Pratt Dance Dancing GIFs

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I like putting the students back on the sideline, but I feel like they should be behind the benches.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I like putting the students back on the sideline, but I feel like they should be behind the benches.
exactly. They're barely behind the goal post according this. What a bunch of bu!!sh!4! The students should fill up the entire side behind the benches or in the bowls behind both goal posts. They bring the atmosphere and the noise.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
It’s a step in the right direction, but the complaints from the folks on the front of the section behind them will be the deafening

Reactions: Dawgg

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I don’t know if this is really going to help. If you want a better atmosphere focus on getting more students in the building. The easiest way to do that is enhance their experience. We should relocate some of those upper deck seats to lower level. Say C107 - 113. We need the Hump to be better than the SECN for students most of all. If they’re not coming, it’s an easy decision for a family in Jackson.

That makes more sense to me than a small island of students jetted down a side.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
What am I missing here? Isn’t this worse than what Cohen and Co announced last summer.

edited: I missed Courtside. But they did take away an entire sideline section from Cohens plan. But full courtside is awesome

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t know if this is really going to help. If you want a better atmosphere focus on getting more students in the building. The easiest way to do that is enhance their experience. We should relocate some of those upper deck seats to lower level. Say C107 - 113. We need the Hump to be better than the SECN for students most of all. If they’re not coming, it’s an easy decision for a family in Jackson.

That makes more sense to me than a small island of students jetted down a side.
Agreed. I'm guessing this was based on juggling the big money folks.

The big picture is, students are located within 15 minutes of the arena. They can come to every game. Our season ticket holders do not. And TV is just going to continue to take away from in-person attendance (but also pays you money to replace it). So.....focus on students. They still buy concessions, and the new suites will generate more money than the typical season ticket holder anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I remember, for really big games in the 90s, simpleton would make an announcement that season ticket holders needed to get into thier seats because he was about to open up all unfilled seats to students.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
SEC rules prohibit student sections and bands from being located behind the visitor bench.
I never knew that, but yeah right there on page 39:
https://a.espncdn.com/sec/media/2022/2022-23%20Commissioner's%20Regulations%20-%20Men%27s%20Basketball.pdf

I was at the NIT game at Baylor where Q hit that game winner at the buzzer. Baylor has their student section right behind the benches and I thought it was brilliant. The students get rowdy and not only heckle/antagonize opponents, but cheer their guys as they come off the court.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Can't wait until all the down-in-front folks start yapping at the students standing and jumping in front of them.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
Can't wait until all the down-in-front folks start yapping at the students standing and jumping in front of them.
But I've had my seats 60 years and I've earned the right to be able to sit and enjoy the game instead of having some hooligans standing up enjoying the game all game long and blocking my view***

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
But I've had my seats 60 years and I've earned the right to be able to sit and enjoy the game instead of having some hooligans standing up enjoying the game all game long and blocking my view***
I think those type of blue hairs are now pretty much gone, either due to death or just getting tired of the hassle and releasing their seats (my parents). The current crop of olds are now baby boomer types, and while they have their faults, I don't know that they get as angry at games as the last generation.

Reactions: WrightGuy821
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login