Sturgill Simpson Tour announced…

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
You should like this tour then.

Older catalog stuff will be performed per his website.

Sturgill likes to be freaky on occasion but he’s also a straight shooter.

I could never get into his Anime concept album. Loved everything before that. Don't know if that was the last one he released or not.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I could never get into his Anime concept album. Loved everything before that. Don't know if that was the last one he released or not.
He’s released three since then — his two Cuttin’ Grass albums and the Ballad of Dood & Juanita which was a bit disappointing I thought.

Reactions: 17itdawg

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
And Laur will be touring with Sturgill too.
Caught him a Jazz Fest years ago and knew nothing about his guitarist. After a few songs in I had to get closer to the stage to see if what he was doing was real. Laur had like a Fender Champ or some small amp on stage and a small pedal board and was just tearing up the guitar effortlessly. I'll catch Sturgill just to see him play again.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
He’s released three since then — his two Cuttin’ Grass albums and the Ballad of Dood & Juanita which was a bit disappointing I thought.
Yeah I agree. It was ok.
Now those two “cuttin grass” albums? Fantastic

Last edited:

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Caught him a Jazz Fest years ago and knew nothing about his guitarist. After a few songs in I had to get closer to the stage to see if what he was doing was real. Laur had like a Fender Champ or some small amp on stage and a small pedal board and was just tearing up the guitar effortlessly. I'll catch Sturgill just to see him play again.
Laur should be performing with Drivin N Cryin this summer too.

So. Good.

Hope to catch him next month at Duling Hall.

Reactions: Podgy

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
I'm really interested in the fact that he will be in his own opener as Johnny Blue Skies. That album will be interesting. I liked that version of him in Use Me

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Sturgill should take a page from Childers. Get away from that weird *** stuff and stick to what you're good at, which is a classic country type vocalist with that bluegrass twang sometimes. He needs a damn song writer that's not on LSD lol. I might go see him since it's older stuff.

• Sad
Reactions: MarkDallas

dawglawz

Nov 14, 2012
Sturgill should take a page from Childers. Get away from that weird *** stuff and stick to what you're good at, which is a classic country type vocalist with that bluegrass twang sometimes. He needs a damn song writer that's not on LSD lol. I might go see him since it's older stuff.
The guy broke out with a song literally explicitly about psychedelics and aliens made of light. That is what he's good at.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login