Sunday Coffee 5.15.22 - State loses first two at A&M

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Good show. It does make you wonder a little if we would have taken Sonny Dichiara. We do have more than a handful of spots taken up on our Roster this year that are not SEC players.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Good show. It does make you wonder a little if we would have taken Sonny Dichiara. We do have more than a handful of spots taken up on our Roster this year that are not SEC players.

We’ve been decent offensively. I don’t think people fully grasp how devastating the pitching injuries have been. And it’s not something you can really plan for before the season.

Imagine if the 2021 team lost Bednar, Sims, Preston Johnson, and Brandon Smith to injury for most of the season, and then MacLeod was also out for about 6 weeks too. And you’re having to start Harding, Fristoe, and Stinnett every weekend with absolutely nothing behind them. That team would have sucked too, and that’s basically what we’ve had to deal with this year

Not saying we win another championship this year if healthy, odds are we probably weren’t gonna host. But you’re for sure an NCAA Tourney team with all of those guys. We have lost a ton of games via bullpen collapse this year, and that didn’t really happen in Lemonis/Foxhall’s first three years.

Last edited:

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
What players from this years team will be on next years team?
Hines,
Clark - Maybe back
Pico
Cheatham
Forsythe
Hunt
Alford
Siebert
Corder or Downs( I don’t think you take both)
Fristoe.
So basically 15-20 new players next year.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
We expect Cade Smith back, right? Or is he a draft-eligible sophomore? Stone Simmons? I would think Jack Walker comes back. He hasn't been great this year, but only a freshman. I would expect Skinner to be back also. He's got another year of eligibility and I can't imagine he gets drafted. You certainly don't want him starting, but he could be a valuable pinch runner and defensive replacement in the late innings. I would expect Mikey Tepper back. He certainly has a lot of potential if he can improve his control. Brooks Auger i would expect to come back.

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012
We expect Cade Smith back, right? Or is he a draft-eligible sophomore? Stone Simmons? I would think Jack Walker comes back. He hasn't been great this year, but only a freshman. I would expect Skinner to be back also. He's got another year of eligibility and I can't imagine he gets drafted. You certainly don't want him starting, but he could be a valuable pinch runner and defensive replacement in the late innings. I would expect Mikey Tepper back. He certainly has a lot of potential if he can improve his control. Brooks Auger i would expect to come back.

Why would Skinner want to come back as a pinch runner/late inning defensive replacement?

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
I guess he may seek an opportunity elsewhere. I guess it depends on if he's still holding out hope for making it in pro ball. If he is, then yeah, he probably moves on to find playing time. But i could also see Skinner just realizing that college baseball is probably the end of the baseball road for him, sticking around here, finishing up a degree or picking up a master's, and just enjoying a final ride in the SEC on a team where you will forever be a legend because of the national title run.

Why would Skinner want to come back as a pinch runner/late inning defensive replacement?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login