Sunday Tourney Tidbits

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
* Evansville (who we swept in 3) is in the driver's seat at ECU regional. 2-0, but Warren Nolan says ECU is still favored to win 3 and take it.

* Oklahoma, who was playing pretty dominant ball till yesterday, lost to UConn 4-1. They have the 3 game gauntlet now starting with Duke, which is a great Game 5 regional matchup.

* Arizona got embarrassed in their own regional. Shocker...

* Arkansas and Oklahoma are the only two of the Top 12 seeds not 2-0 and heavy favorites to advance. Arkansas is still a slight favorite to win 3.

* One of our teams of interest lately, UCSB, lost to Oregon yesterday. Oregon now favored there.

* In honor of game 2 vs St Johns. Mentioned on Charlie and Bart's podcast. Article on the greatest college baseball game ever pitched. 1981 NCAA tournament game featuring St. John's Frank Viola vs Yale's Ron Darling. Hint: Darling threw 190 pitches and had a no hitter entering the 12th inning...

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
In the interest of providing a calming respite from the inevitable litany of "Fir Lemonhead" threads, I'll update this with...

* Virginia is the 1st team thru to the Supers. Quite a few are close as of this posting.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Non baseball tourney tidbit...

* Ally Ewing fired the low round of the day in the final round of the US Open, a 4 under 66, to vault up the leaderboard and finish T3 on a day when a lot of the best players in the world blew up.

Reactions: patdog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
* Clemson, Tennessee, FSU and Kansas State finish off 3-0 regionals to advance. Four ACC teams thru to the Supers.

* LSU beats UNC 8-4 to push them to a final game.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
* East Carolina scored 29 runs on 32 hits in two elimination games today against VCU and Evansville. Obviously now favored to beat Evansville tomorrow to advance.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
* Georgia and Kentucky finish off 3-0 regionals. Three SEC teams thru to Supers. Arkansas, not so much...

Reactions: patdog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
* Oregon shuts out UCSB to advance.

* A&M becomes the 4th of the 5 SEC hosts to advance undefeated thru their regional. Arkansas, not so much.

* Florida beats Okie State and Okie beats UConn to force the Monday clinchers.

* WVU comes thru the easiest regional in Tucson 3-0. Becomes 2nd Big 12 three seed to advance.

* ACC has 4 teams advanced to the Supers with 1 more (UNC) possible.

* SEC has 4 teams advanced to the Supers with 2 more (LSU & Florida) possible.

* Big 12 has 2 teams to the Supers with 2 more (the Okie's) possible.

* Oregon State in final Sunday game with Irvine looking to win 1 in 2 to advance.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login