Superbowl Saturday??

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
It will never happen. NFL already draws monster ratings on Sundays and has for years.

Dawg1979

Jun 23, 2015
It will never happen. NFL already draws monster ratings on Sundays and has for years.

i agree. but think they would see just as big on Saturday. might be bigger actually. i think ratings aren't as big as they could be simply because of people working the next day. just try it and see. would be awesome if they realized people will watch it Saturday night. maybe NCAA football championships would follow and not be a stupid Monday night.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I think the assumption has always been that more people have plans that take them out of the home on a Saturday evening, so that’s generally not the night you plan the biggest television event of the year.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I would just move kickoff time up to 4:00 CST. I would move it up further but the west coast folk probably don't want to watch it at noon.

I don't need to see the talking heads give me 4 or 5 hours of "analysis" because most of it is filler anyway. Not to mention they've had 2 weeks to analyze the game. Nothing new is coming from them in those 4 or 5 hours.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I watched the Super bowl around 10:AM on a Monday morning when I was in the Marine Corps. Wasn't too bad. Entire Regiment was given a 96 hours leave for the game. I was on Okinawa.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I’d rather the Monday after the SB be declared a federal holiday than to play it on Saturday. But I think it would be great to try it on Saturday just once and see how it turned out ratings wise. It’s not like the league is hurting for money….worst thing that could happen is that it loses just a handful of viewers. May gain more than it loses in the South when you consider the Evangelical crowd that is missing it for church on Sunday evenings.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I guess I'm an "Evangelical" (among the other labels society would assign me today) and maybe blind to the fact but I don't think I know anybody who really wanted to watch the SB and missed it because of church. In fact the heathen churches I've attended have made every effort to avoid that conflict with it's members.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login