Swept Ole Miss in Mens Hoop's

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
First time since 2010-2011 (Reynardo Sydney) if my research is correct. Coach Jans does something in his first year Rick Ray and Ben Howland were not able to do. I think any coach at MSU that can consistently beat Ole Miss sets themselves up for success.
Sweeping tsun combined with them sucking is an important step towards us getting better based on 'crootin; especially in MS. I also think the last win was bigger than most think due to it being on the road and tsun knowing their coach's job was on the line in desperate need to beat their arch rival. Kermit and his tadpoles had to have been fighting for their lives.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
The recruiting class to date doesn't look that impressive. Currently ranked 13th in the SEC and 88th overall. I hope he knows how to play the portal game.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Not really surprised that this hasn't gotten many replies. When we do well the boards are dead. When we lose all heck breaks lose and everyone has an answer for how to fix our woes.

THIS WAS A BIG DEAL. They are our frigging rivals and we beat them home and away. Great job by Jans and the team!

Last edited:

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Not really surprised that this hasn't gotten may replies. When we do well the boards are dead. When we lose all heck breaks lose and everyone has an answer for how to fix our woes.

THIS WAS A BIG DEAL. They are our frigging rivals and we beat them home and away. Great job by Jans and the team!
Exactly. Good news travels very slowly around here. In his first year, Jans did something that Ray and Howland could never do. And Howland had much more talented teams than this one and he’d always crap the bed. Jans (the dentist) is doing a fantastic job.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Not really surprised that this hasn't gotten may replies. When we do well the boards are dead. When we lose all heck breaks lose and everyone has an answer for how to fix our woes.

Not only that, but it’s also obvious to me that our fan base was more interested in a baseball series against VMI than a super important rivalry game involving our basketball team that’s having a good year. Which to me is totally backwards.

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023

Agree it was a big win, sometimes you just have to gut out a win. Think Jans has done a very good job in year 1, we play completely different than a year ago. We have a bunch of guys that just battle, and play with tremendous effort.... I'm rooting hard for this team and staff.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Geez, that’s an insane stat. I had no idea it had been that long. Stansbury used to do that most every year, and it was upsetting when they’d steal a win from us.

Reactions: drumrcraig

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
First time since 2010-2011 (Reynardo Sydney) if my research is correct. Coach Jans does something in his first year Rick Ray and Ben Howland were not able to do. I think any coach at MSU that can consistently beat Ole Miss sets themselves up for success.

It's possible to be happy we swept Ole Miss while also realizing this might be the worst Ole Miss team in more than 25:years...

Again, happy we won. It was much tougher than it should have been, but happy we won. I see no need to start further threads about it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
"I think any coach at MSU that can consistently beat Ole Miss sets themselves up for success"

Beating one of the mid to low level teams "consistently" sets a coach up for success? Want to elaborate?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
"I think any coach at MSU that can consistently beat Ole Miss sets themselves up for success"

Beating one of the mid to low level teams "consistently" sets a coach up for success? Want to elaborate?
Well, LOSING to one of them certainly doesn't.

• Haha
Reactions: Ranchdawg

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
It was important. I didn't realize it had been that long since we swept them. We really have been in the wilderness with our basketball program.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login