Tailgating question for the Pack: 12-year absence

SAtlantaDog

Nov 22, 2022
It’s been a while since I’ve tailgated after moving to Atlanta, but with my daughter enrolled I plan to make it back to a few games, including the opener. I’m sure a lot has changed since I last set up a tailgate. If I arrive at 8 p.m. that Friday night, what’s the likelihood of getting a good spot? I used to set up in front of Barnes and Noble.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
90%+? I doubt it’ll be a tough ask for the SELA game. I also doubt there will be a big difference in 8pm on Friday and 9am Saturday morning.

Reactions: SAtlantaDog

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
It’s been a while since I’ve tailgated after moving to Atlanta, but with my daughter enrolled I plan to make it back to a few games, including the opener. I’m sure a lot has changed since I last set up a tailgate. If I arrive at 8 p.m. that Friday night, what’s the likelihood of getting a good spot? I used to set up in front of Barnes and Noble.
You will be fine. Last couple of years, they have lined up tents right out at edge of road and up by the sidewalk in the area of B & N. Just find an open spot in between then. You won’t be level but you will have a spot.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012

Set up next to the Ole Miss Sucks tent. You can never have enough of those koozies. Speaking of them, one of them has to be a poster here.*

Take zero heed to my post. I make 3 games a year max & set up a tent maybe once.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
It will likely be so hot for the first game, you probably will be good. Sometimes there is theft, so do leave anything unattended that you don't want stolen. Covid put a huge dent in our tailgate atmosphere, which was great through 2019.

On the south side of the main parking lot for Bost, there is a big tree with usually lots of room. This gives you access to Bost, Barnes and Noble, and easy access from Bost Drive to pick up and drop off tailgating supplies.

Last edited:

SAtlantaDog

Nov 22, 2022
It will likely be so hot for the first game, you probably will be good. Sometimes there is theft, so do leave anything unattended that you don't want stolen. Covid put a huge dent in our tailgate atmosphere, which was great through 2019.

On the south side of the main parking lot for Bost, there is a big tree with usually lots of room. This gives you access to Bost, Barnes and Noble, and easy access from Bost Drive to pick up and drop off tailgating supplies.
I recall the issues with coolers being rolled away, but no real theft. Are TVs and battery set ups susceptible to theft? Should I plan on taking those back to the car before entering the game? Thanks for the insight. Good stuff. I’ll try to set up near Bost.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
We have one of the preditor "run quiet" generators that we chain to a tree. We have an older, cheap flat screen, so we don't really worry about it or the tables, chairs or tents. I don't think a car battery nor a cheap TV will be high theft items. Don't leave a Yeti Cooler or a generator unsecure though.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Yeah, I have a chain and lock to secure the generator but I don't worry about the rest. I've had no issues.

The wife does have Bogg bags but no yeti coolers.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login