take it for whats its worth...(hopson interview)

uhhct1

Feb 24, 2008
<table> <tbody> <tr> <td valign="top"> <div> "I was just pushing and pushing in the season to get my team's win to secure my opportunity to be here." Scotty Hopson pushed hard enough to earn McDonald's status now he's one of only two uncommitted players at the game. Here's what he says about his recruitment. </div> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3">
<span>Is It Weird Being One of The Only Un-Committed Guys?</span>

<span>It's cool. I'm just doing my thing. I'm taking my time with it. I'm not worried about recruiting; I just want to have fun and play basketball.</span></p>

<span>How Far Along In The Process Are You?</span></p>

<span>I guess I'm pretty far a long. I think about it when I'm off the court, maybe taking a shower but for the most part I go along with my day.</span></p>

<span>What Gets You Excited About The Decision?</span></p>

<span>I'm just out here loving it. I can't be down. I'm at a peak right now and it feels so good that I'm here with these players and I'm showing off my talent.</span></p>

<span>What' Your Main List Now?</span></p>

<span><font color="#4D0000">Mississippi State</font> of course. <font color="#4D0000">Tennessee</font>, <font color="#4D0000">Texas</font> a little bit. A little on <font color="#4D0000">Kentucky</font>. <font color="#4D0000">Louisville</font> is in the mix.</span></p>

<span>In Your Mind What More Do You Need To Know?</span></p>

<span>It's just about feeling comfortable in the situation, that's why I need to take some more visits. I haven't really visited a lot of the places to know if I'm going to be comfortable there or not. The only place I visited (officially) was Mississippi State;</span></p>

<span>I went to Tennessee like a year ago but I haven't seen any of the facilities.</span></p>

<span>Do You Have Any Visits Scheduled & If So When?</span></p>

<span>I don't have any of them scheduled but I plan on taking some though. Probably most likely Tennessee, probably Louisville and probably Kentucky. I guess Texas.</span></p>

<span>What You Are Saying Is You Need To See More?</span></p>

<span>I still have Mississippi State big on the list but its about me choosing the best for me. I want to make sure if I do go to Mississippi State or Tennessee, any of them places, it's going to suit me for the best. I want to make sure I'm making the best decision.</span></p>

<span>Without Saying Who Leads, Is There a School That Has Done The Best Job?</span></p>

<span>Mississippi State. Tennessee is doing a real good job.</span></p>

<span>Sometimes Schools Send 3 Coaches, When You See That What Do You Think?</span></p>

<span>I guess it's a commitment to let them know how much they really want me. I guess they think that's what they need to get the job done and that's what they do.</span></p>

<span>Mississippi State has numerous times. Tennessee has and Louisville has. Both Pitino and another assistant came to my game. I think Kentucky has too.</span></p>

<span>There's A Perception That Miss. St. & Tennessee are the teams to beat. Is That Accurate?</span></p>

<span>Nah, it's pretty much about equal right now.</span></p> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
I've kinda always felt that he does that because people are constantly asking about UT, UK, and Louisville, not us.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
<div class="scrolling"> <div>

If you were a high school player why not take all your visits and get wined, dined & sixty-nined on their dollar.
Let's go MSU Roadrunners & Pom Squad..

Come on to MSU Scotty....

I did watch part of the All-star game last night, he did not start, but looked good when he played.
Had eight points in the first half.</p> </div> </div>

Jan 13, 2008
I just don't understand him. If he didn't want to come to state, just say so. I know we've put in a lot of time I with him, but damn. They ask him who has recruited him the hardest. He says MSU. He said he is comfortable at MSU, but wants to see if he is comfortable at other places. He and his mom are so tight lipped, and scout and rivals writers don't have a clue about him, yet some people say UT leads. I just don't get it. Hopsons could come in and give us 20-25 minutes. He says he wants tons of minutes, but I hear he doesn't hustle or play defense. Rick might wear him out so much that he would want less minutes. Ha.

oem

Feb 23, 2008
Something tells me he will be watching tonight's Louisville-Tennessee game with great interest.

oem

Feb 23, 2008
Louisville, Tennessee, and Kentucky Take it for what its worth

Jan 13, 2008
MSU has an in home tonight with Twany Beckham. He's a prep school SG 3* player from Kentucky. That must be our backup plan.

BewareOfMSUDawg

Oct 8, 2006
He's just stringing us along, and has been for a long time. I hope we are looking elsewhere for someone to replace him. We've got Osby and Bost; just find another good solid recruit to fill things out.

Hopson has major headcase written all over him. We're basically recruiting him and his mother, and we don't need that.

Look elsewhere, Stans.

cowbellpresident

Oct 6, 2007
He only has a few weeks to get his **** in order.

Scotty do you have any visit scheduled?

"Nah, I am going to just take my time...blah...blah...blah

You have very limited time to get your visits in -

I agree I think he is stringing us along like little bitches. We should be fine without him!

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
Well, considering that he, himself said that he had it down to five, I think I'll ignore what Mr Gottlieb has to say.

oem

Feb 23, 2008
VegasDawg13 said:
Well, considering that he, himself said that he had it down to five, I think I'll ignore what Mr Gottlieb has to say.

</p>

Yeah, because he, himself has done everything he said he was going to do so far.</p>

</p>

You can choose to keep your head in the sand all you want, but when he ends up at either Louisville or Tennessee, don't expect a tap on the *** to come up for air.</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login