TCU did it!

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
intrigued to see TCU in the NC game myself....i think the lesson here is, don't take a job in the SECW. Some years even Saban can't survive. And TCU lost to a KSU that got their $h it pushed in by an average bama team.
Yes, and every Alabama fan was pissed TCU made it in over them. Great to see them eating sour grapes.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Jim Harbaugh…. He went full Jim Harbaugh.

TCU has been the luckiest team I’ve seen in a long time. Tonight, they had 2 pick sixes and benefitted from some overaggressiveness on offense and defense from Meatchicken. Plus that one play where MI missed a TD by less than a foot and then fumbled it the next play.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Harbaugh made a lot of rookie mistakes in that game. Left a lot of points that he could have put on the board. The winer if tonight’s hand will win the title.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Jim Harbaugh…. He went full Jim Harbaugh.

TCU has been the luckiest team I’ve seen in a long time. Tonight, they had 2 pick sixes and benefitted from some overaggressiveness on offense and defense from Meatchicken. Plus that one play where MI missed a TD by less than a foot and then fumbled it the next play.
Pick sixes aren’t exactly luck. Those were two great plays by the defenders to intercept the ball and return it for six. Especially the first one. The DB got a great break and basically wrestled the ball from the WR. No luck in that at all.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
They’re recruiting higher than 40 if you take transfers into account. I’m sure someone on here understands it much better than I do though.1672537054906.png

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Pick sixes aren’t exactly luck. Those were two great plays by the defenders to intercept the ball and return it for six. Especially the first one. The DB got a great break and basically wrestled the ball from the WR. No luck in that at all.
Exactly. To paraphrase JWS "To win you hafta have somebody step up and make a play".

Reactions: GomJabbar

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I’m pulling for them too. But they will get rolled in the championship team. You’ll see SEC/B1G depth take over.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
they are 23rd for 2023 and 2022 was a light class but they averaged in the high 80's and stuff. Quality over quantity like tsun's class so far this year.
They had 14 transfers last year also. Their 45th rank recruiting class wasn’t a concern considering their 13th ranked transfer haul.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
So glad to see a non $$$$ team in the NC game. I am so proud of them.
How are we defining a “non $$$$ team”?

TCU has a $2.48 Billion endowment and tuition alone costs about $60,000 a year. It’s also in a major metropolitan area.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Ehhhh, not luck but nobody other than crooms thinks they’re a sustainable way to produce points.

TCU is good and made plays today, but they’dhave had two losses if they had played an sec schedule, even in this years relatively pedestrian sec.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
How are we defining a “non $$$$ team”?

TCU has a $2.48 Billion endowment and tuition alone costs about $60,000 a year. It’s also in a major metropolitan area.
I define it by recruiting rank. TCU is around 50th composite rank so very little of the money you mention is making it to the players. Composite

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login