Tebow going to Florida changed Mississippi State football

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
If Tebow goes to Bama like he originally thought he was going to do then Urban probably fails at Florida and Dan Mullen would not be a name that was out there to be hired as a head coach. So all of our success since 2010 we can thank Tim Tebow for. I will even go to say without Tebow at UF and Dan not our coach we don’t get Dak so he may not be Cowboys QB today. Pretty crazy to think about how one player signing with one school affected college football for years to come. By the way Swamp Kings is fantastic! Dan going nuts in the locker room in episode 3 was pure gold.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
And if Hitler's dad had been pulling when he was pushing who know where the world would be today.******** But God has mother nature, and she has her way of thinning out the population when it needs it. ********

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
If Tebow goes to Bama like he originally thought he was going to do then Urban probably fails at Florida and Dan Mullen would not be a name that was out there to be hired as a head coach. So all of our success since 2010 we can thank Tim Tebow for. I will even go to say without Tebow at UF and Dan not our coach we don’t get Dak so he may not be Cowboys QB today. Pretty crazy to think about how one player signing with one school affected college football for years to come.
Ha ha. Good one.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
If Tebow goes to Bama like he originally thought he was going to do then Urban probably fails at Florida and Dan Mullen would not be a name that was out there to be hired as a head coach. So all of our success since 2010 we can thank Tim Tebow for. I will even go to say without Tebow at UF and Dan not our coach we don’t get Dak so he may not be Cowboys QB today. Pretty crazy to think about how one player signing with one school affected college football for years to come. By the way Swamp Kings is fantastic! Dan going nuts in the locker room in episode 3 was pure gold.
And if Gene Morgan doesn't take a line drive off the ankle....

And if Cam had decided that the money wasn't enough.....

And if Mullen didn't get the job searching itch every thanksgiving...

Playing these games is silly.

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
And if Gene Morgan doesn't take a line drive off the ankle....

And if Cam had decided that the money wasn't enough.....

And if Mullen didn't get the job searching itch every thanksgiving...

Playing these games is silly.
Actually Cam would have won some nattys at UF with Urban

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Urban would have still one a national title at Florida without Tebow. Urban could come back right now to a top program and win another national title. He’s just a winner, except for in the NFL apparently

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I don’t think so. Meyer was successful everywhere he went in college. They won the national championship at Florida Tebow’s freshman year, and he was little more than a gadget player that year.
It's not too much of a stretch, really. In the Netflix show, Urban says his whole 2006 recruiting class came together after Tebow committed, and a lot of the star players confirmed they went there to play with Tebow. It's possible they still would have at least won the SEC without those Freshmen, but it would have been harder.

If Urban lost 3 games in 2006, or maybe even 2 the pressure to replace him with Spurrier would have been enormous.

But who knows what happens then? Maybe Meyer becomes our HC in 2009.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Actually Cam would have won some nattys at UF with Urban
Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
All i got from that locker room speech was that Mullen has never been in a real fist fight in his life and if he had, he got the **** beat out of him.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
I find it extremely weird that Tebow wants to travel overseas and perform circumcisions more than anything else in the world.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Obviously this would have helped Mississippi State. Much better off without Mullen bc he was a terrible leader we should have never hired!

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
People say Mike Price was fired for the strip club incident but it's because State beat him. And that led to Saban. Let that sink in.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login