Tell me why we shouldn’t go after Jedd Fisch

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
There isn't any good reason not to talk to him and see if he eould like to interview

AFDawg

Apr 28, 2010
For one thing Jeff Fisch isn't a football coach. LinkedIn says he's the senior director for program management at Inspire.

• Haha
Reactions: vandaldawg

AFDawg

Apr 28, 2010
Bad culture fit. I doubt he and his family would be interested in Mississippi
You're telling me a guy named Jedd couldn't fit in here?

the beverly hillbillies what GIF

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
His chances of winning the Big 12 or getting to the play off is way easier than winning the SEC and getting to the playoff at Miss State. If it nothing about money, then he would come.

We need someone like Leach or JWS who are older and not looking to jump ship every time a prettier ship comes by.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
LSU and MSU aren’t similar. You can’t win a national title at State.
Fine, how about Jans, Moorhead, hell even Mullen is from the Northeast. I don't recall cultural fit being an issue for any of them. Our damn soccer coach is from England. Surely there's a cultural fit problem there, right?

Define cultural fit. What exactly does a coach need to be to meet your definition of cultural fit? Why can't we just look and vet candidates that can win ballgames, recruit well and move our program forward.

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
Mullen is the only football coach in your examples that was successful here and he was already coaching in the SEC.

Foreign coaches for non major college sports will coach anywhere they can get an opportunity.

Jans had baggage (like Jackie) and was willing to take any major conference job he could get.
IMG_3266.jpeg
What about Fisch’s resume says good fit in Starkville to you?

Our best bet is a coordinator at a big school like Mullen or head coach at a small school. Established head coaches at major universities aren’t coming to Starkville.

Last edited:

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Fine, how about Jans, Moorhead, hell even Mullen is from the Northeast. I don't recall cultural fit being an issue for any of them. Our damn soccer coach is from England. Surely there's a cultural fit problem there, right?

Define cultural fit. What exactly does a coach need to be to meet your definition of cultural fit? Why can't we just look and vet candidates that can win ballgames, recruit well and move our program forward.
Money makes people fit anywhere.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Mullen is the only football coach in your examples that was successful here and he was already coaching in the SEC.

Foreign coaches for non major college sports will coach anywhere they can get an opportunity.

Jans had baggage (like Jackie) and was willing to take any major conference job he could get.
View attachment 452698
What about Fisch’s resume says good fit in Starkville to you?

Our best bet is a coordinator at a big school like Mullen or heach coach at a small school. Established head coaches at major universities aren’t coming to Starkville.
Well, his offensive background is a plus in my book. Is he my first choice, no but to not even vet him or any candidate because of a perceived "lack of cultural fit" is asinine. Personally, I want Chadwell but that doesn't look promising at the moment.

patdog

May 28, 2007

Cultural fit = a coach who can win. Fisch would be a great fit for us if he’s interested. He had good things to say about our gameday atmosphere after we played them. I suspect our next coach will be someone not being mentioned so far that Selmon has a connection with.

Reactions: SteelCurtain74
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login