Templeton troughs

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Does anybody have a picture? I just described them to my wife and I don’t think she believes me.

Maroonbulldog

Mar 3, 2008
Does anybody have a picture? I just described them to my wife and I don’t think she believes me

I was surprised that they have seemingly been relocated to Oxford. Had the opportunity to go Hotty potty during the state championship games a few weeks ago.

added- our fans ringing hundreds of cowbells in that stadium during Starkville highs game was very satisfying.

Nov 20, 2023
I had to post it. I immediately thought of our former AD Larry Templeton when I saw Templeton lol I haven’t thought of him in a long time. Lord have mercy seems like yesterday almost when he finally was replaced by Greg Byrne. Anyways sorry lol just had to leave that name with you guys.

Nov 20, 2023
I feel dumb for not knowing they were nicknamed or called that but I found out about em or rather they asked about would remove em at first I couldn’t find info on em easily. It’s in a funny @SS old “From whom the cowbell trolls” article from 2013. Y’all’s should give it a read it’s funny and also funny to read article from then and then one from now. Although this is a short comedic piece A few questions that you WON'T see the media ask Dan Mullen at SEC Media Days

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
The club in Columbus had them too
I had a buddy who was a bouncer at The Club. We went one Sunday and saw the place in the daytime, talk about sobering. The drain from the troughs was just a piece of pipe stubbed out the back wall running on top of the ground. All that piss just ran out on the ground and trickled iTs way down to the river.

Digging dog

Aug 22, 2012
Was glad when they were removed.
could safely wear flip flops to the early football games without getting your feet peed on.

Nov 20, 2023
During the 2001 LSU game I go in to take a leak, and a drunk LSU fan has fallen into the trough. All the other LSU were pissing all over him and laughing, while the State fans just stood back shaking our heads.
Sounds about right I would expect nothing else

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
During the 2001 LSU game I go in to take a leak, and a drunk LSU fan has fallen into the trough. All the other LSU were pissing all over him and laughing, while the State fans just stood back shaking our heads.
That's probably a big honor in LSU-fandom. Dude paid big bucks to be The Golden Tiger that week or something.

Puppychow

Nov 5, 2014
Does anybody have a picture? I just described them to my wife and I don’t think she believes me.
Hate to tamp down the Templeton hatred, but those troughs preceded Templeton’s tenure which started 1986/87.

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
No pics of the Templeton Troughs, but I do have a pic of the Boonevegas special co-op commodes when I was at NEMCC:

IMG_8040.jpeg

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login