Tennessee Baseball stadium enhancements...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
$56.8 million. Impressive look.

What’s their new capacity supposed to be?

Link to Knoxville News article: Here.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Another SEC power. The great news just continues.

I'm really glad we finally got our natty. Unless we get some serious economic development going in Mississippi, I just do not think we can keep up with the Jones in this new era of college athletics. We just need to keep the hold on the SEC and ride that gravy train as long as we can, and ultimately, maybe 30 years from now, we may end up having to take an off-ramp like USM just did, and count our blessing and just chalk it up to a damn good run.

That's worst case scenario of course.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Thank God for Tanner Allan and the yo-yo's in the NC State Athletic Department. We had a fun, great (and somewhat fortunate) run to the National Championship. That will certainly last my lifetime. I ain't got 30 years left.

You are right, Mississippi does not have the resources to support us or OM at a level necessary to make us competitive in this new era of college athletics, much less field elite teams in any sport. That's not a worse case scenario, that's just the cold hard facts.

But who knows? We may get even luckier one day.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Just going to rip off the Left Field Lounge I guess.
I felt like when we built the new stadium it would start happening everywhere.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Thank God for Tanner Allan and the yo-yo's in the NC State Athletic Department. We had a fun, great (and somewhat fortunate) run to the National Championship.
The only part about this that is true is the fun and great part. We scrapped and clawed our whole way there. It was a damn grind and we earned that ****.

We were certainly fortunate to get Allen and Rowdy back another year, but all teams got the same advantage. That wasn't luck.

And you, like I, were pissed when we found out we had to play Vandy instead of NC State. We would have beaten NC State. It was our time. This was in no way a fluke run where we got hot.

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010
Honestly, it doesn't appear to be anything special when compared to some of the other SEC venues.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The only part about this that is true is the fun and great part. We scrapped and clawed our whole way there. It was a damn grind and we earned that ****.

We were certainly fortunate to get Allen and Rowdy back another year, but all teams got the same advantage. That wasn't luck.

And you, like I, were pissed when we found out we had to play Vandy instead of NC State. We would have beaten NC State. It was our time. This was in no way a fluke run where we got hot.

Any team that was not a juggernaut of a team to begin with usually wins the national championship by a combination of skill and luck and there's always one or two players who play above their normal skills and help seal the deal.

ETA: I'm really getting tired of hearing some fans almost apologizing for winning the national championship last year because we were so ****** this year. Come on people.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Any team that was not a juggernaut of a team to begin with usually wins the national championship by a combination of skill and luck and there's always one or two players who play above their normal skills and help seal the deal.

ETA: I'm really getting tired of hearing some fans almost apologizing for winning the national championship last year because we were so ****** this year. Come on people.
Just typical MStake hot-takery. They don't look at history and see how often this has actually happened before - often.

Since the bats changed in 2015, you have 2 cinderella teams (Virginia and Coastal), 2 solid national seeds (Florida and MSU), and 2 juggernauts (Oregon State and Vanderbilt) who won it it. And by defining those, I'm talking about the teams THAT YEAR, not the program.

I think most of us can agree that 2017 was not Florida's best team, and 2021 was not our best team. Not even of the past decade. Maybe not even 5 years.

Last edited:

JML105

Sep 4, 2012
Last edited:

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Honestly, it doesn't appear to be anything special when compared to some of the other SEC venues.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not too impressed. I suppose it's bias, but it's still not as impressive as what we have.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Just going to rip off the Left Field Lounge I guess.
I felt like when we built the new stadium it would start happening everywhere.

I'm wondering which team will be the next to put lofts in the outfield or something very similar.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
It’s nice but not the best out there. The most perplexing feature is the grandstand. The layout is really strange.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login