Tennessee can’t help but Tennessee.

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
Bottom 8, they’re up 12-8, and the runner throws a cheap shot shoulder into Hines’s back as he is thrown out by several steps at 1B. Absolute garbage. Umpires say incidental contact. Even the homer announcers saw that it was intentional.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Bottom 8, they’re up 12-8, and the runner throws a cheap shot shoulder into Hines’s back as he is thrown out by several steps at 1B. Absolute garbage. Umpires say incidental contact. Even the homer announcers saw that it was intentional.
Vitello is a woman of a man. An absolute b1tch. He didn’t fall far from the Van Horn tree. That kind of **** comes home to roost….

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
UTenn has 6 pitchers better than any of ours. Impressed with our improvement at batting, sucks that we can't seem to sign a single pitcher that's SEC caliber. We can just watch all those guys go to LSU, Ark, Tenn, Vandy and other baseball schools.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
UTenn has 6 pitchers better than any of ours. Impressed with our improvement at batting, sucks that we can't seem to sign a single pitcher that's SEC caliber. We can just watch all those guys go to LSU, Ark, Tenn, Vandy and other baseball schools.
I'm becoming really concerned that other schools have simply caught us in facilities, recruiting and coaching. Therefore any advantage we did have in recruiting no longer exist.

because there is only 9 starting positions, we will always have talent. But positions like Friday night pitcher are highly coveted players and therefore on high demand on the recruiting trail.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Ask yourself, if you were an SEC talented pitcher would you choose Foxhall to help further your career?

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
"I'm becoming really concerned that other schools have simply caught us in facilities, recruiting and coaching."

Maybe TN but who else? Alabama? Kentucky? LSU, Georgia, Vandy, SC, and Florida all won Natty's before State ever did. Arky and State are pretty similar programs over the years. Ole Miss has had a good program for a while and just won a Natty. Pre-1990, State was the best program in the SEC but never won it all. State baseball was always good, sometimes really good, but never elite in that it was expected to win the CWS. It could compete in the SEC, sometimes win it, and make it to post season. But we built the biggest stadium. Others now have more money for players. We never really had a great advantage over others after LSU made the SEC take baseball seriously.

Last edited:

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Think the point he was trying to make was simply we don’t have any advantage over most sec schools when it comes to baseball anymore.

sure the lounge area is nice, but it isn’t enough to sway a kid from going to Tenn or LsU or any of those other colleges you mentioned…. Not sure it ever did… but certainly doesn’t now

and I’ve said and agreed with what you said. A lot of people look thru maroon glasses when it comes to the baseball program. A kid being recruited doesn’t see msu in those same eyes

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Watching their fans was like watching a bunch of parents at a little league game.
I sat with a client (TN grad) for the TN/AR game at the SEC Tournament back in '21. Every fan base has a small percent that show their assez....TN's % for baseball is WAY above anyone else's in the league. That fan base has taken on & embraces the over the top/obnoxious persona of their team and HC.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
State has a lot of talent. Pitchers are too inconsistent from game to game. State leads the SEC in errors. State can hit any pitcher, but the defense kills us. They can't bat their way out of trouble. This is all on the coaches. One of two things have happened. Either they inherited a well coach team and won the NC with them or the coaching staff got lazy and relax after the NC and don't know how to recover. I think it's the first reason. This is not a good coaching staff minus possibly the batting coach. Then it just might be the guys on the team are natural hitters that could be even better with better coaching. It is getting to the point where they are numerically out of the SEC Tournament and once, they get to that point changed must be made.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
State isn’t as talented as some on this board think.

our entire infield including catcher is below average both offensively and defensively in terms of the sec.. And don’t even get me started on the pitching staff

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
If we didn't suck so bad, I'd give a damn about the incident. Maybe more shoulder action will piss 'em off.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
State isn’t as talented as some on this board think.

our entire infield including catcher is below average both offensively and defensively in terms of the sec.. And don’t even get me started on the pitching staff
Who on this board sees talent, especially in the infield?

Fang1

Oct 1, 2022
Wrt fielding percentage, early in the season there was a post by Bulldog Bruce that mentioned fundamentals…………..yep.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Tennessee is as arrogant as any team I have ever seen, worse than LSU, and the Tigers have multiple Natties. What have they ever done to think that swagger was warranted.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee is as arrogant as any team I have ever seen, worse than LSU, and the Tigers have multiple Natties. What have they ever done to think that swagger was warranted.
They puff chests out at regular season success. It's the biggest moments they have to celebrate. Probably will be that way for a while.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Well, they've outscored the 2021 National Champs 74 to 27 in 6 wins the last two years.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I'm becoming really concerned that other schools have simply caught us in facilities, recruiting and coaching. Therefore any advantage we did have in recruiting no longer exist.

because there is only 9 starting positions, we will always have talent. But positions like Friday night pitcher are highly coveted players and therefore on high demand on the recruiting trail.
No. It's bad. But it's not as bad as it looks. This is very simply a case of lazy recruiting and thinking State recruits itself. And using PG as your only evaluator for HS talent and not having a clue what you're doing when it comes to NIL and transfers. Along with zero development of pitching by our so called pitching coach. This is merely lazy, incompetent coaching. All of that aforementioned attributed to incredible mis-evaluation of some position players and mis-evaluation of a crap ton of pitchers. You can't miss on that many pitchers and survive in the SEC. You just can't. It can be fixed. It'll be a new staff that gets that opportunity, though.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login