Tennessee under investigation for NIL violations.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The school or coaches must have gotten directly involved. That's about the only rule out there with NIL.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Shocker, somebody violating NIL. Unknown/undocumented amounts of money being slid under the table to 18-22 year olds for their "name, image, or likeness" Shirley nobody saw that coming** Bahahahahahaha .

Last edited:

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I wondering who is ratting schools out and what proof do they have? Shirley no staff is actually leaving crumble trails when they cross those lines. Shirley!

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t think the NCAA will exist long enough to levy significant penalties against a P5 school for NIL violations.
Seems to me like they are doing their job. Of course, they can't prevent someone from making the playoff, but they can take away scholarships. Of course, you can get around that by NIL, but I don't think that would be a common thing. I remember folks thinking teams would pay NIL to walk-ons, and that hasn't happened yet.

Can they take away your ability to play on TV anymore? I really have no idea. I would think not.

Reactions: RivaDawg

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Being that UT is the school who allegedly had Jeremy Pruitt’s wife handing out brown paper sacks of money to players in the McDonald’s parking lot just off campus , I’m not shocked they don’t understand how to separate coaches from NIL deals.

I mean really… you’ve got to be a moron to get slapped for violations while living in these times.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I, for one, like it. I hope the ncaa hammers all three and makes their way to Oxford soon.

Last edited:

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
I read the letter the Tennessee chancellor sent to the NCAA head, and hoo boy it would be incredible to see Mark Keenum send a letter like that.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I read the letter the Tennessee chancellor sent to the NCAA head, and hoo boy it would be incredible to see Mark Keenum send a letter like that.
We should not be the ones leading the charge for all this ‘change’. I get your point though. But Tennessee and MSU are different animals.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Tennessee is still on probation after the sweet heart deal they got during the last ncaa investigation.
However, this investigation, would put them under the “repeat violators” sanctions. So….
if they don’t clean house, fight it, and lose, they are looking at some very serious sanctions.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I wondering who is ratting schools out and what proof do they have? Shirley no staff is actually leaving crumble trails when they cross those lines. Shirley!
I know you are going for the Airplane joke but it should be spelled Surely for your sentence and then the reply is "don't call me Shirley".

just looks wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: WilCoDawg

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Tennessee and Virginia attorney generals suing the NCAA over NIL.
And according to the legal perspectives that I've read so far, they'll likely win. So to recap, we're in the midst of a multi-billion dollar competitive industry where the overseeing body has no ability to regulate or enforce rules related to competitive equity.

This is great

Reactions: patdog

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

Instead this is our response in the past to anything NCAA related

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
And according to the legal perspectives that I've read so far, they'll likely win. So to recap, we're in the midst of a multi-billion dollar competitive industry where the overseeing body has no ability to regulate or enforce rules related to competitive equity.

This is great
Exactly. Ridiculous.

Everyone knows they were skirting the rules. Because everyone (except State probably) is taking huge liberties with NIL.

However in this day, if you get busted.... just lie, deny, point the finger back and yell louder.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
We should not be the ones leading the charge for all this ‘change’. I get your point though. But Tennessee and MSU are different animals.
That was not at all what I was suggesting. I'd like MSU to stay far away from any NCAA smoke.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
If the NCAA loses this, what’s left for them to regulate? Years of eligibility? How long until that is challenged? Does the NCAA just become an organizing and planning committee for lack of better terms?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

Instead this is our response in the past to anything NCAA related
No doubt, we'd self impose the death penalty.

Compared to punishments for much worse academic scandals at other schools, what we did to ourselves as the result of tutorgate was insane.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login