Texas Posters - Heat Wave

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
How we holding up fellas? Drinking lots of fluid?

I see triple digits in Houston most of the week. I almost started sweating typing that out.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Hotter than hell in south central Texas. 103F right now. A/C basically runs around the clock since the low is upper 70s. But it's Texas in the summer. It's going to be hot. You either live with it or move.

I told my wife now is the time all those folks thinking about moving to Texas should visit.

Reactions: DawgsGoneWild

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I wish AD&D insurance included heat stroke. I swear Fort Worth summers will one day be my demise.

HotMop

May 8, 2006

I see triple digits in Houston most of the week. I almost started sweating typing that out.
It hit 113 out here in the Permian, I'd say it was pretty toasty.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Heat indices have been through the roof in DFW. Supposed to have a significant cold front come through in a few days, so maybe I’ll consider mowing my lawn then.

I don’t know how these yard crews and roofing crews do it.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
It’s what you get used to. I worked 35 years in an unair conditioned business. It was hot but not unbearable. I’ve been retired three years and I just about pass out if I go outside on days like today. Played golf Friday and there was a solid stream of sweat running off the bill of my cap every time I putted.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
What’s the latest on blackouts? Anymore? I think I saw this weekend might be an issue.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I am just north of Austin at the edge of the hill country and sometimes it can be a little bit cooler here than in Austin. This is not one of those times. I was up looking at the weather models this morning to see when this heat was going to break and it looks like we might get some relief from 100° weather by this weekend but I'm not holding my breath

weather.jpg

Blldawg87

May 24, 2013
I leaving from San Antonio in a couple days and head to camp in the New Mexico mountains.

We did it last year, left SA with an actual temp of 109. Pulled up at a cafe the next morning in Cloudcroft, NM...53 degrees, highs on the mid 80s.

We decided, that is an every summer trip now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3407Dewey

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017

It's my fault. I'm a native Texican who turned my bag on this arm pit. I drove the RV down from the great potato haven and still have 6 more days before I cross the line. Texas is pissed I didn't stay and tell trying to kill me.

In Amarillo last week I saw what HBP called a "discreet supercell" that was 10 miles away and ruined my hike at Palo Duro Canyon. The next day it was the most humid morning of my life and hit 106. Here's the tornado from the supercell.
FzLy535WYAQJwd_.jpeg

I next stopped in Frisco TX. Parked the RV at my buddies house and went to stand in line at Goldees BBQ and after sweating through a sticky hot 92 degree morning, a damn bolt of lightning nearly hit us. They made us wait in line in the pit room while it poured and then we melted after the storm passed and the sun cooked that fresh rain into a massive steam room. Later that day when I am in Dallas a massive storm comes through and nearly blows everything to hell. 70mph gust nearly took out the RV with patio furniture apparently when I was gone.

Screenshot_20230626-232726.png

The next morning we have a 9:30 tee time and the worst golfers in America play at this course. We finished at 2:45 and it's the hottest day of my life... I have summered in Iraq and Death Valley FYI...

PXL_20230624_200328153_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Sunday I wake up and we head down to Lake Livingston and it may be hotter than Frisco. The weather channel said the heat index was 115°, but it was lying. Nearly croaked leveling and hooking up the RV. The pool was 95+° and the lake was just as warm. When I woke up this morning, at sunrise, the heat index was 90°.it was unbearable.
Screenshot_20230626-064450.png

Now I am at the beach. It's hot as 17 for around here. But at least the wind is blowing. Yet as I type this, the heat index is 95° at nearly midnight.

Screenshot_20230626-234541.png

17 this. And 17 Texas. This place is horrible. Too hot, too crowded, and too full of suburban douchébags.

Texas peaked 10-20 years ago. It sucks and I am renouncing my citizenship in the Republic of Hot and Crowded.

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
Can someone make it acceptable to wear shorts to work in Mississippi during June and July? Really needs to happen.

aspendawg

Sep 10, 2009
7th year in Houston and the heat from May-Oct has made me all but hate the summers. Usually, it's my favorite time of year but it's hard to enjoy it here. Now with kids, it's made me realize how very little there is to do in this part of Texas with children when it's this hot outside. The beach is the closest bit of relief you'll get otherwise you need to GTFO.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Can someone make it acceptable to wear shorts to work in Mississippi during June and July? Really needs to happen.
Get a better job! But you may be on to something for recruiting workers to Ms. My mothers father never had an AC in his house. He also never wore a short sleeve shirt, he said that once you sweated a little and got the long sleeve shirt damp it was cooler.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Get a better job! But you may be on to something for recruiting workers to Ms. My mothers father never had an AC in his house. He also never wore a short sleeve shirt, he said that once you sweated a little and got the long sleeve shirt damp it was cooler.
Probably some truth to that. Many survival experts will tell you a long sleeve is the best bet in a hot environment. It helps keep moisture from wicking away.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
At my job men have to wear long pants and shoes. Women can wear sandals and knee length skirts. I keep threatening to transition every summer over this.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Just south of Dallas here. Well over 100 today. It's been brutal.

Worst part of living here is the summer.

Blldawg87

May 24, 2013
I still don't think 106 in San Antonio feels nearly as bad as 98 in MS with all that humidity.

And it always feels nice at night here...so much better than that sticky feeling in the SE states

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login