Thanks to everyone for keeping this community active...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I found an old Georgia website that was like sixpack. Forums only. Saw this message when I went to it. So I appreciate y'all for keeping this going. Without y'all and your engagment with the site - SixPackSpeak doesn't survive. So keep finger banging those keyboards!

1687533035199.png

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I found an old Georgia website that was like sixpack. Forums only. Saw this message when I went to it. So I appreciate y'all for keeping this going. Without y'all and your engagment with the site - SixPackSpeak doesn't survive. So keep finger banging those keyboards!

View attachment 356155
They didn't know that the key to forum engagement is posts on dales, mole crickets and yeti stickers.

Just kidding, sort of, thanks DS and everyone who had a hand making SPS it the great and dysfunctional family that we are and 17 the other school and everyone not us.

Last edited:

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Out of curiosity, can you (or are you willing to) share what kind of page view stats SPS generally gets?

I'm also real curious what lead to that site's decline.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Out of curiosity, can you (or are you willing to) share what kind of page view stats SPS generally gets?

I'm also real curious what lead to that site's decline.
We do a lot more than Dawgrun did at it's highest level. We luckily have been about the same since 2010'ish - no decrease in traffic. Forum traffic has died somewhat due to social media. Message boards were essentially the first form of social media.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

View attachment 356155
So football national championships kill message boards. You're safe!

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
This is an entertaining bunch! I can hardly wait for football season to start. The game thread gentlemanly banter is without equal in the world of sports message boards.

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
2013 CWS Chat with "invisible" white font for mojo was the pinnacle of Game Threads.

ETA: It didn't work in the very end, but it had some traction. I thought about it more than a few times in that Championship Series vs Vandy.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I've been around for years, but just registered not long ago. Everyone is welcome for my contributions. In all seriousness, I'm glad to have sixpackspeak available.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I used to donate to the old board(s) because they it was grassroots and you had to keep the lights on yada yada.
Whats the story on the large corporation overseeing SPS now? Not saying you need to open your books, I wouldnt want to embarrass you by making you show us just how many flatscreens you own, but is the cost of running this hellhole now totally taken care of?

I cant even imagine how many thousands of my employer's money I have donated to this place in lost productivity.
Good place for sure.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
On3 handles everything. My only cost is to renew the domain which is $15/year or so. They "bought" the traffic of SixPackSpeak. I still own the domain. There's some contractual stuff in there but if for some reason they ever decide to drop SixPack or SixPack drops On3 - I could start another forum if I feel like it.

I don't see that ever being the case from my end at least.

Last edited:

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007

View attachment 356155
What are your thoughts on trickle down economics and Jan 6?

• Wow
Reactions: horshack.sixpack

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
On3 handles everything. My only cost is to renew the domain which is $15/year or so. They "bought" the traffic of SixPackSpeak. I still own the domain. There's some contractual stuff in there but if for some reason they ever decide to drop SixPack or SixPack drops On3 - I could start another forum if I feel like it.

I don't see that ever being the case from my end at least.
I always have loved the exciting and informative things you learn at Six Pack during the lazy days of summer with no sports.

Reactions: Grove Sh.tter
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login