Thanksgiving Dry Weather Instead: Do We Win?

Sep 7, 2007
I read the first page, but didn't see this.

If it were dry weather on Thursday instead of gusty cold rain, do we win?

I think absolutely yes. We left at least 20 points on the board with two dropped end zone TD passes they caught all season.

Well, can't count on the two FGs. So only leaving 14 on the field, we lost by 11.

What say you all?

SIDE TOPIC: Why the 17 does everybody wear the goddamned plastic visors now to prevent a corner-case finger jab? Woodie obviously lost one or two catches in light smear.

Go back to waffle facemasks!

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
With our pass first offense, with a non-mobile QB, we absolutely depend on good weather more than most teams. OM did not beat us with Corral’s arm. If we ever played in snow like those Big Ten games we would be 17ed.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Leach said the weather wasn't a factor. I agree with him.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
If it was a factor it was purely mental. It did not effect the ball. It wasn't very wet or windy or cold. I started getting chilly near the end of the third but both teams had to deal with it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If you're going down this path I'll engage. Both teams played in same weather, they adapted and soundly beat our ***. Get over it and quit making excuses

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
OM took weather out of the equation with Corral scrambles, and ran the ball in the red zone. We threw incomplete passes towards the end zone, and missed field goals. that was the difference.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
If it was a factor it was purely mental. It did not effect the ball. It wasn't very wet or windy or cold. I started getting chilly near the end of the third but both teams had to deal with it.
What in the hell do you consider cold or wet then? We were pretty damn wet and frozen.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
What in the hell do you consider cold or wet then? We were pretty damn wet and frozen.

What game were you at? It was drizzling and mid 50s. I sat out there the whole game and my clothes were mildly damp at worst.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
What game were you at? It was drizzling and mid 50s. I sat out there the whole game and my clothes were mildly damp at worst.

We were in the junction for about two hours with the $1 ponchos. We weren’t soaked but were pretty wet. Upper deck was pretty windy and made it pretty damn cold.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
If rain did that, we're the softest bunch to ever play here. We straight laid down. Ran wrong plays and routes all night. Didn't block and couldn't tackle. That wasn't rain. That was the Mile Leach you'll get about every three or four games. It's been his history. Sometimes his teams pull out of it, sometimes they don't.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I read the first page, but didn't see this.

If it were dry weather on Thursday instead of gusty cold rain, do we win?

I think absolutely yes. We left at least 20 points on the board with two dropped end zone TD passes they caught all season.

Well, can't count on the two FGs. So only leaving 14 on the field, we lost by 11.

What say you all?

SIDE TOPIC: Why the 17 does everybody wear the goddamned plastic visors now to prevent a corner-case finger jab? Woodie obviously lost one or two catches in light smear.

Go back to waffle facemasks!

The weather had nothing to do with the dropped TD passes or the missed FGs. We missed FGs in good weather too. The weather had nothing to do with the loss.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Captain Obvious says that wet and colder weather definitely is an advantage to the team that runs the ball. That said, both teams played in the same condition. They won and it sucks bad.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Of course the weather affected us. When you throw the ball in weather, you will be less successful. That is common sense. Why didn't we run the ball? We will never know, that seems like a bad decision in hindsight. But the plays were obviously there to be made, so I guess Leach was willing to take that chance.

I mean how can anyone question if weather makes a difference when it comes to throwing and catching? Coaches like Saban and Smart like to run the ball in normal weather - it's conservative and cuts down on the number of moving parts, minimizing turnovers and incomplete passes. Great if you have the talent to do it, I guess, which is why blue bloods are normally more conservative. Add wind and rain to it, it's amplified. Duh.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
If we dont drop 3 straight TD passes and screw up the field goal, we win

That's 10 points and OM could've scored another 20 had they so chosen. That gam was a I microcosm of our season. Terrible first half offense, bad special teams, poor scoring defense. OM had a WR go for almost 200 yards, but the rain is hurting the passing game? Na, it's us.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login