That’s 3 weeks in a row of dominant performances…

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Getting better at the right time. And plenty to corect. That's good. I'm loving the balanced approach. It's keeping defenses on their heels.
Agree on all counts. The key on offense is how we are mixing in the run. It's what I've been wanting to see ever since we hired Leach. You can't be totally one dimensional in the SEC.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I didn't think we even played that great and still win big. Eliminate a couple issues and get the kicking game straight and we on fire!
The other thing that is a bit worrisome is Rogers made about 4 throws today that should have been intercepted. He had 3 last week. We are going to be facing better defensive backfields for the most part from here on out.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I feel like State played a more complete game for 4 quarters on offense this week. We had a handful of WTF moments in the secondary that cost us. We beat a team we should have worse than expected by most. All in all, an outstanding win.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I didn't think we even played that great and still win big. Eliminate a couple issues and get the kicking game straight and we on fire!
We could have attacked the secondary all game and score 70+, but that would have led to their RAT QB getting into a shootout with us.

I liked our game plan. We played ball control, Rogers was shaky at times and our defense gave the pigs half their total yards on about 5 plays. A shootout could have ended poorly.

The defense was salty, even though the stats don’t show it. Point kicking was same as it ever was, but thankfully it didn’t matter.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Agree on all counts. The key on offense is how we are mixing in the run. It's what I've been wanting to see ever since we hired Leach. You can't be totally one dimensional in the SEC.
When you have RBs and very capable run blocking linemen like we have, then you have to take use it more. Johnson is a really solid feature back. He and Marks can win us games.

This is fun to watch and I’m excited to see where this offense ends up by the end of the season

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
When you have RBs and very capable run blocking linemen like we have, then you have to take use it more. Johnson is a really solid feature back. He and Marks can win us games.

This is fun to watch and I’m excited to see where this offense ends up by the end of the season
Agree. I have always HATED this offense, but mix in the run like we are doing and that changes. It's fun to watch the last couple of weeks.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Good job taking the running lanes that were offered up the last 2 weeks giving us a more balanced attack and taking some pressure off of Will. Even with Will not his typical accurate self, we still managed to rack up 6 TD's. We need to be able to be more consistent on D and not rely on somebody FINALLY making a play to stop long drives and big plays. Never seen a D get their asses kicked on so many plays but only give up 17.

Last edited:

msugrad2003

Aug 27, 2013
Wasn’t able to watch, but kept up with game on phone. How was the penalty situation, especially compared to last week?

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
It's a concept offensive always will be. If you've ever watched Leach before State you will understand that he is not opposed to running the football. What he hates is 1-2 yard runs repeatedly....see year 1 and early year 2. Our passing game was just way ahead of our running game.

Our running backs are complete studs including Rice who barely plays. Why are we running more? Not because Leach just figured it out that's beyond simplistic silly arse thinking. We now have linemen who know the offense/can better pass block and RBs who are not FR/SO trying to learn the concepts. Most of all we are generally getting positive yardage on our running plays so we keep feeding the RBs.

Where's all the bitching about check downs? Now, those RBs are in better space and are grown men breaking tackles. The evolution of this offense starts with the linemen and is complemented by two amazing RBs with one just waiting his turn to show out!

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Dominant is probably not right. Gutsy, determined, ballsy, undaunted seem more appropriate. We have a lot to clean up and correct but we are getting there.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
He goes by L4Dawg now.
LOL, I'm Bill Shankly.......for some reason my handle reverted to one that got banned on the old board. L4 is the UK postal code for Anfield if you want to see the connection. LIVERPOOL FC. YNWA!!!!!!

Reactions: yakalot2

kired

Aug 22, 2008
The other thing that is a bit worrisome is Rogers made about 4 throws today that should have been intercepted. He had 3 last week. We are going to be facing better defensive backfields for the most part from here on out.
He’s thrown 12 INTs since beginning of last season… out of 900+ pass attempts. Worrisome?
I can still remember the Henig LSU game where we threw something like 6 INTs, one game. That would be worrisome

wasabaka

Sep 17, 2012
Money Mike was something I had purged from my brain. Thanks for bringing it to the forefront.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Welp, preacherdawg got his 3 wins. It was a good run.

I was glad to see we could win even with Rogers having an off day. And if we could make a FG our special teams would be excellent.

My only complaint was the constant 4th down attempts. I know that's what you get with Leach, but going for it deep in your own territory for no good reason makes no sense at all. Even though we made it, the risk/reward balance is terrible.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login