That dumb *** play could cost us a regional.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Tag the guy and go to the 17ing dugout and we aren’t having this conversation.
It was a tie ballgame…. You never know with this team’s bats.

But, not having the top of the lineup available for no apparent reason didn’t help!

Reactions: patdog

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Agreed. But if you tackle the guy and get every one kicked out then what.

you're exaggerating, the guy didn't even fall over, he bumped him a little extra. Was he wrong? Yeah. Did he "tackle" him, no.

Complete garbage call all the way around. I'd argue Long didn't even need to be ejected but in today's pussified sports I'd allow it. Everything else was beyond the pale.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
The eye of Birmingham focusing in when they see the dogs get a little fight in them
the eye flames GIF

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
Makes me wonder what that many guys I'm assuming that will not be playing today any possibility of Jurrangelo picking up a bat

patdog

May 28, 2007
It really could. It's gonna be hard to score many runs today, so that could cost us a chance to win 2 home SEC games.

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
Tag the guy and go to the 17ing dugout and we aren’t having this conversation.
True, but taking 50 strikes before the debacle on offense could have something to do with it.

Or getting picked off of second when we were on the verge of a big inning. That took all the air out of the stadium.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
As I posted in a different thread, are we all going to ignore the fact that the UGA base runner led with his elbow to Long’s ankle?

Do ya’ll really believe that Long walked over the guy for no reason? Was Long wrong? Yes. However, after watching the replay multiple times, I can cut him some slack.

The real travesty was the ruling from Birmingham.

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
True, but taking 50 strikes before the debacle on offense could have something to do with it.

Or getting picked off of second when we were on the verge of a big inning. That took all the air out of the stadium.
or throwing Condon that HR pitch in the 5th with 2 outs and nobody on.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
As I posted in a different thread, are we all going to ignore the fact that the UGA base runner led with his elbow to Long’s ankle?

Do ya’ll really believe that Long walked over the guy for no reason? Was Long wrong? Yes. However, after watching the replay multiple times, I can cut him some slack.

The real travesty was the ruling from Birmingham.
I ask again, what was the runner suppose to do ? Whatever the catcher uses to block the plate is going to get hit by the runner isn't it ?

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The slide was clean.

long has all the equipment on, was blocking the plate (rightfully so) I guess the runner is suppose to stop? You prefer the runner to come in with metal cleats or a head first slide.

long was way in the wrong. He shoves the guy twice then knees him another time.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I ask again, what was the runner suppose to do ? Whatever the catcher uses to block the plate is going to get hit by the runner isn't it ?
Most runners would extend their hand to try to reach the plate faster, not cock their elbow and lead with it into the catcher’s ankle.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Base runner did nothing wrong. No defense for Long’s overreaction.
So it’s legal to give an elbow to the catcher’s leg when sliding especially while the catcher has the ball? Got it. Then I’ll say Long was just trying to help Carter up with his knee.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login