That is a rule the NFL needs to look at.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
The NFL changed the rule years back that all turnovers are automatic reviews. They missed that any POSSIBLE turnover should be automatic. That call cost Buffalo all reviews.

IF they ruled it a recovery, and the ball actually was out of bounds, Buffalo would still have a challenge. (I still think they missed it.)

This also should be done on any possible scores. The KC game I think it was where the receiver did get the ball across the line but they ruled it short and again the team was forced to use a challenge to get it right. Again if they ruled it a TD it would be automatically reviewed and could be overturned.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
Nothing should be looked at automatically. Make teams challenge the call. Unlimited challenges. If you're wrong, its a time out. If you're out of time outs, delay of game, and possibly a 10-second clock runoff.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I saw a player from Buffalo inbounds cover that ball. I have no idea why they called it fumbled out of bounds because it didn't roll out of bounds.

Reactions: Bulldog Bruce

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Nothing should be looked at automatically. Make teams challenge the call. Unlimited challenges. If you're wrong, its a time out. If you're out of time outs, delay of game, and possibly a 10-second clock runoff.
That's fine also. But once you went to automatic reviews on the scores and turnovers, then if a score or turnover was a possibility during the play, it should be under the same rule.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
My only argument against this is all the BS with the offensive team hurrying up to the line to try to snap it before the opposing team has a chance to review. With a booth managing things, they’re able to send the signal down for refs to hold the snap whereas coaching challenges can sometimes get messy. That said, if they did what you suggested to allow coaches unlimited challenges, that definitely would give them more to work with

The other thing that’s really starting to annoy me is NFL QBs that use the QB protection rules to their advantage like Allen did yesterday with his fake slide. You see it a lot of times with QBs acting like they’re going out of bounds only to scamper up field for an extra 3-4 yards. I don’t know what you do with it, but I’ve always felt that a QB should be absolutely fair game for getting blasted the second they cross the line of scrimmage

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

patdog

May 28, 2007
My only argument against this is all the BS with the offensive team hurrying up to the line to try to snap it before the opposing team has a chance to review. With a booth managing things, they’re able to send the signal down for refs to hold the snap whereas coaching challenges can sometimes get messy. That said, if they did what you suggested to allow coaches unlimited challenges, that definitely would give them more to work with

The other thing that’s really starting to annoy me is NFL QBs that use the QB protection rules to their advantage like Allen did yesterday with his fake slide. You see it a lot of times with QBs acting like they’re going out of bounds only to scamper up field for an extra 3-4 yards. I don’t know what you do with it, but I’ve always felt that a QB should be absolutely fair game for getting blasted the second they cross the line of scrimmage
Fake slide should be a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. That’d stop it real quick.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
NFL has enough money to pay to properly review and officiate every game. Refs on the field and will make mistake but most are easily corrected. Example: uncalled face masks are easily correctable. Should be easy to call down and to the ref and tell him face mask on #XX of the defense.

Other calls have made the game almost impossible to play if properly called. Example: holding on offensive line could be called every play. Defensive players have been limited due to the evolving nature of the game to allow points to be scored.

If a replay official can see something in the 10 seconds they have between plays, it’s clearly obvious. If not, play on.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Fake slide should be a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. That’d stop it real quick.
The QB should be fair game anytime they have the ball in their hands. Also, if the QB runs across the line of scrimmage they should also be fair game for full on contact until they are touched on the ground, just like every other player on the field. Fake slides should be an automatic 15 yard penalty, loss of down, and a time out.

Just like in war, faking a surrender is 100% against the rules of war and is actually a war crime. Why is it a war crime? Because once you pull the trick once, the opposing force should not ever trust a single thing you ever say or do again. Leading to the future massacre of troops that are trying to surrender.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login