That Mavericks trade for Kyrie is working out well…

sfnsfn

Apr 3, 2020

As a long time Mavericks fan I can say that this disaster falls at the feet of Mark Cuban and Jason Kidd. Cuban made a huge mistake bringing Kidd in as head coach. Kidd has failed everywhere he's been.

Making the Western Conference finals last year was a fluke...result of a lucky draw. The Suns and Jazz were teams on the verge of imploding, and the Mavs took advantage.

Letting Brunson get away, then signing Javale McGee last offseason were both huge mistakes.

I assume Kyrie will sign elsewhere and leave the Mavs with a ton of cap space to rebuild around Luka.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
As a long time Mavericks fan I can say that this disaster falls at the feet of Mark Cuban and Jason Kidd. Cuban made a huge mistake bringing Kidd in as head coach. Kidd has failed everywhere he's been.

Making the Western Conference finals last year was a fluke...result of a lucky draw. The Suns and Jazz were teams on the verge of imploding, and the Mavs took advantage.

Letting Brunson get away, then signing Javale McGee last offseason were both huge mistakes.

I assume Kyrie will sign elsewhere and leave the Mavs with a ton of cap space to rebuild around Luka.
I follow the Mavs somewhat and they're my second favorite NBA team.

I think the trade for Kyrie was stupid because they already had a ball dominant point guard, but they brought in a second one who plays with a completely different style and pace, so it's going to take a ton of time playing together for them to develop any chemistry. Then, neither of them has been healthy. They've got a couple of really good young scorers on the bench that they don't play enough because they give too many minutes to Tim Hardaway. Of course, they have virtually no paint presence, so they don't defend at the rim at all, and they rely way too much on the three point shot offensively. I think what we're seeing now is that Kidd has just lost the team.

My controversial hot take: The biggest problem is Luka. He's responsible for them running off Carlisle. He's a prodigious talent but he's not efficient and dominates the ball too much. At least Kyrie tries to involve other players.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

You’ve got to worry about keeping Luka too.

sfnsfn

Apr 3, 2020
I follow the Mavs somewhat and they're my second favorite NBA team.

I think the trade for Kyrie was stupid because they already had a ball dominant point guard, but they brought in a second one who plays with a completely different style and pace, so it's going to take a ton of time playing together for them to develop any chemistry. Then, neither of them has been healthy. They've got a couple of really good young scorers on the bench that they don't play enough because they give too many minutes to Tim Hardaway. Of course, they have virtually no paint presence, so they don't defend at the rim at all, and they rely way too much on the three point shot offensively. I think what we're seeing now is that Kidd has just lost the team.

My controversial hot take: The biggest problem is Luka. He's responsible for them running off Carlisle. He's a prodigious talent but he's not efficient and dominates the ball too much. At least Kyrie tries to involve other players.
After his first couple of seasons, I was hoping Luke would follow a similar path to Lebron. But the past couple of seasons i would say he's trending more towards a path similar to James Harden. As a Mavs fan, that's very disappointing.

Side note - it was time for Carlisle to go. Actually, he should have been moved along 4-5 years ago.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
After his first couple of seasons, I was hoping Luke would follow a similar path to Lebron. But the past couple of seasons i would say he's trending more towards a path similar to James Harden. As a Mavs fan, that's very disappointing.

Side note - it was time for Carlisle to go. Actually, he should have been moved along 4-5 years ago.
Everyone thought it was time for Carlisle to go....but it's looking like the Mavs let Phil Jackson walk compared to Jason Kidd.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
It’s a hot mess. Luka has been a problem teammate in the past. Adding Kyrie to that was foolish. I just don’t understand what the end goal was. How could they ever see a future of them playing together from a basketball perspective?

On top of that Kyrie has torpedoed every team he has been on. Cavs, Celtics, Nets and in the near future the Mavs.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020

Wow. He usually fakes it for at least a little while. I wonder who the next franchise will be that thinks somehow they are going to be the one that can make it work. Kyrie is like that hot girl who is also crazy. Crazy trumps everything.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I wish the guy would just shut up and write, or sing…better yet, play the violin.

The world is your oyster. What war are you flaming? Of course the media eats it up! 17…they don’t even have to go into the office!

He’s a prodigy. Love his game and honestly find all of his “non platform” stuff great!
He’s educated and thoughtful, unfortunately..as with my grammar..the man needs help expressing himself….especially during the season.

I do think he needs to look in mirror and transform his game back into the nba, instead of trying to transform the nba into his game.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I wish the guy would just shut up and write, or sing…better yet, play the violin.

The world is your oyster. What war are you flaming? Of course the media eats it up! 17…they don’t even have to go into the office!

He’s a prodigy. Love his game and honestly find all of his “non platform” stuff great!
He’s educated and thoughtful, unfortunately..as with my grammar..the man needs help expressing himself….especially during the season.

I do think he needs to look in mirror and transform his game back into the nba, instead of trying to transform the nba into his game.
He was literally responsible for causing such bad chemistry in the locker room that he tanked two of the greatest teams I’ve seen assembled in my life in the Celtics and nets. The Celtics were just fortunate that their front office was so savvy and Tatum and brown both hit. The nets are a decade away from being relevant because of him. His off the court stuff drives me crazy, but what he does to the actual teams he joins on the court is insane. If he had led the Celtics to a few championships instead of showing his arse I would shrug my shoulders at the off the court stuff.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login