That pass play at the end of the Second Quater proves Kirby is not a smart coach. No pun intended.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If you are plus side of the 50 go for it but they were way negative, and State has some good return guys. Why take a chance just run the clock out. Great recruiter but not a X and O's. All those 4 and 5 stars makes him look good. They better have a good NIL program going because they will stop getting all those players if not. I don't know if they do or not. My opinion and I am sticking with it.

Flame away!

Reactions: patdog

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
If you are plus side of the 50 go for it but they were way negative, and State has some good return guys. Why take a chance just run the clock out. Great recruiter but not a X and O's. All those 4 and 5 stars makes him look good. They better have a good NIL program going because they will stop getting all those players if not. I don't know if they do or not. My opinion and I am sticking with it.

Flame away!
If a dumb play call proves someone is not a smart coach then there are no smart coaches.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
My 2 cents......... If you drive a Ferrari, you could drive it under the speed limit and keep it in good condition, but that would be no fun. You have a Ferrari, so you are going to drive it like a bat out of hell and there is a good chance you will lose control and wreck it, but if you can afford a Ferrari, you can afford another Ferrari. We drive Chevy Sparks on lease.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Kirby can afford to do stuff like that because his players are way more talented than almost any team they will play. Teams like us have to play a perfect game against them to even have a chance of winning. They committed two turnovers and had a punt returned for a touchdown and still won by 26 on the road. They’re head and shoulders above every other team in the SEC and probably the country.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I don't think Kirby calls the offensive plays. I'm guessing he could have jumped on the headset and said "Let's just down the ball and get out of here," but he let them try to get some more points. Poor play calls and execution. He probably has a few choices words for the offensive staff.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I agree he's not the best tactician. He's ok though, I wouldn't say he's bad. He's kind of in-between Saban and Dabo, when it comes to that 'fundamental' approach vs. the 'CEO/recruiter' approach. If I had to label him, I'd probably say he's always been more fundamental but now that he's at Georgia he's adopted the CEO role more. Which is the right move because Georgia is probably the best recruiting program in the nation, it has the best blend of everything - culture, location, fan support, money.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015

Flame away!
When you are that much better than your opponent, you can take risks arm chair quarterbacks wouldn’t.

Reactions: The Usual Suspect
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login