That was a heck of a day or CFB

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Why did UW not just down it on 3rd down? Super dumb to run it and now their starting back might be out of championship.

but a great day of football nonetheless.

Reactions: Dawg1976

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Why did UW not just down it on 3rd down? Super dumb to run it and now their starting back might be out of championship.

but a great day of football nonetheless.
If they had taken a knee, they still would’ve had to punt with about 20 seconds left, so they ran a play to try and get the first down to end the game. Just a very unfortunate situation that DJ got hurt on the play, and I think it is ridiculous that an injury to an offensive player stops the clock and basically gives the defense a timeout. The real dumb decision was to throw a a pass when they had third and goal from the 10 with about 3 minutes left. If they run the ball there and forced Texas to use its second timeout, they could’ve just kneeled the ball to run out the clock after recovering the onside kick because Texas would’ve only had one timeout left instead of two. It’s amazing to me how many coaches don’t understand time and situation near the end of games.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
It’s fun to watch good football teams play football

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
I wondered why Washington would stay in shotgun formation and choose to hand off, seemingly increasing the risks of a screw up. I was more concerned about a turnover in that situation and never thought about an injury that would stop the clock. It was such a Mississippi State thing except we would have lost the game.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
No idea how the 12 team playoffs will shake out, but the 2024 semi-finals were about as good as it can get.
Honestly, if I had to guess, I bet we will see some decent games in Round 1 but the home teams will win, then some blowouts in Round 2 as the bye teams cruise, then the semi's will be very good yet again.

Even with all the bltching, I certainly do not see college football decreasing in popularity at the moment. I think this playoff will be a windfall of money.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Honestly, if I had to guess, I bet we will see some decent games in Round 1 but the home teams will win, then some blowouts in Round 2 as the bye teams cruise, then the semi's will be very good yet again.

Even with all the bltching, I certainly do not see college football decreasing in popularity at the moment. I think this playoff will be a windfall of money.

I worry about the G5 team getting murdered in the 5 vs 12 game every year. See Oregon vs Liberty yesterday. The G5 has lost several of its better teams to power conferences now. But otherwise I think the Playoff with 12 will be a lot of fun.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
No idea how the 12 team playoffs will shake out, but the 2024 semi-finals were about as good as it can get.
Been a great season too, not matter what all the doom sayers have said. Lots of drama and great games throughout the season. Next year will be eve better. Our season sucked, but had the Pirate lived, we'd likely won 9 games and would have beat OM by three TDs (had they played the same). We'll be back, we are on the right path.

Next year will be even better for CFB as a whole. We'll be back to bowl eligibility (win the OOC and Ark, plus win one of UF or OM or another upset.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login