The APNews doesn't mind putting it out there

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I bet they aren't having to pay as much for him as they would someone else. they are probably hiring him to clean house. It will be interesting to see if he tries to draw Leach to fill the football HC position.

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
I’m really not getting Auburn hires lately. They are going to have to hire a football coach, and Cohen hasn’t knocked it out of the park there. His money raising skills and marketing have not been great. Why is the question…

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

The only conclusion that can be drawn at this point is that the combination of our boosters and other behind the scenes money guys and Keenum are a total crapshow. No other way to explain two consecutive AD’s who are alums both moving on to rival schools within the conference. I personally don’t blame Cohen one bit. He’s had well over 50% of our idiot fanbase up his *** about anything and everything since Day 1. I would have been looking for a way out, too.

And one other thing, I’ve never heard a more hilarious face-saving BS narrative than “he was told to look around”. If you aren’t performing at your job as a high profile SEC coach or AD, you are fired immediately. Simple as that. Nobody is told they get to temporarily keep their job, but to also find other employment and then ends up with a big promotion. That’s just pure spin of unexpected news from our end.

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
I’m really not getting Auburn hires lately. They are going to have to hire a football coach, and Cohen hasn’t knocked it out of the park there. His money raising skills and marketing have not been great. Why is the question…
The AD doesn’t hire the football coach at Auburn. As a matter of fact, I’m not really sure what that job entails other than fondling the Auburn boosters’ balls. Maybe Cohen is a perfect fit.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
The AD doesn’t hire the football coach at Auburn. As a matter of fact, I’m not really sure what that job entails other than fondling the Auburn boosters’ balls. Maybe Cohen is a perfect fit.
Bingo

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
We'll Cohen is such a people person I'm sure he'll do great at that!**** Say what you want about Stricklin, but I didn't go a single game in the loge seats without seeing him and he was approachable, I have never seen Cohen in the Loge area before or during a game. The guy is approachable as a porcupine whose tail is on fire!

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
The only conclusion that can be drawn at this point is that the combination of our boosters and other behind the scenes money guys and Keenum are a total crapshow. No other way to explain two consecutive AD’s who are alums both moving on to rival schools within the conference. I personally don’t blame Cohen one bit. He’s had well over 50% of our idiot fanbase up his *** about anything and everything since Day 1. I would have been looking for a way out, too.

And one other thing, I’ve never heard a more hilarious face-saving BS narrative than “he was told to look around”. If you aren’t performing at your job as a high profile SEC coach or AD, you are fired immediately. Simple as that. Nobody is told they get to temporarily keep their job, but to also find other employment and then ends up with a big promotion. That’s just pure spin of unexpected news from our end.
Dumbo hasn’t been fired immediately..

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

There’s probably a lot of truth in what you’re saying. That said, I’m also not going to pretend that John Cohen is some huge loss. Our athletic department has really been treading water the last six years. Maybe we didn’t force him out but I’m not losing any sleep over this guy leaving.

Could we do worse? Probably. But I definitely think we could do better, too.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
He’s had well over 50% of our idiot fanbase up his *** about anything and everything since Day 1. I would have been looking for a way out, too
Bad news for you, John. That's everything ******* AD position worth a damn. Want a job without fans and donors raising hell over every move you make, see if UAB or MTSU is hiring.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login