The Athletic article on Recruiting in Alabama...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
[FONT="]What does it take to recruit the state of Alabama well? High school coaches give their perspective. via ?@TheAthleticCFB? https://t.co/LcyXseA2SJ— Aaron Suttles (@AaronSuttles) September 21, 2022 [/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]

And the reason why it's interesting is that the Mississippi schools are barely mentioned:

[QUOTE]

[B][SIZE=4]What out-of-state schools recruit Alabama well?[/SIZE]

[/B][B]Coach 1: [/B][B](head coach Birmingham area)[/B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=adobe-caslon-pro] For us, itâ??s been the University of Maryland. Theyâ??ve done a great job down here. (Defensive coordinator) Brian Williams does a great job. They have been really aggressive in trying to recruit our state.

[/FONT][/COLOR][B]Coach 5: [/B][B](North Alabama area head coach)[/B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=adobe-caslon-pro] I think Georgia Tech does a good job. At least I see them a lot. Coach (Geoff) Collins has some Alabama ties. I think [/FONT][/COLOR][URL="https://theathletic.com/college-football/team/air-force-falcons-college-football/"]Air Force[/URL] and Army and Navy â?? all those all those schools do a really good job. I see Clemson and Oklahoma a good bit.

Coach 6: (Central Alabama area head coach) I think Tennessee does a really good job. North Carolina does a really good job. We donâ??t see a lot of the Mississippi schools. (Steve Sarkisian) and (defensive line coach) Bo Davis, theyâ??re in touch pretty regularly at Texas. Florida seemingly since theyâ??ve had a coaching change has come on a little bit better. Obviously, Georgia since Kirby Smartâ??s has been there, Georgia does a good job. South Carolina, theyâ??re regularly on our kids. We see a little bit of LSU toward the end when itâ??s getting down nitty gritty.

Coach 4: (West Alabama area head coach) Oregon did a good job when Mario (Cristobal) was there. Notre Dame does a good job. Georgia has taken the Alabama blueprint and is following it to a T. Clemson is outstanding. Every kid Iâ??ve had that goes to Clemson comes back and talks about how great it was. Theyâ??ve figured it out.[/QUOTE]

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login