The Athletic writers do an SEC draft...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Kind of interesting. Five writers, so five teams:

But four State players drafted out of 110 available spots.

(Rogers in the 4th round, Forbes in the 6th, Jett Johnson in the 19th, Walley in the 21st)

Kind of low but maybe not unexpected given the number of writers/teams.

[FONT="]Five writers - myself, @GAllanTaylor, @Andy_Staples, @BrodyAMiller and @AaronSuttles - conducted a draft of SEC players, similar to a fantasy draft but with the aim to form the best team, regardless of stats.The results:https://t.co/5uyEs6cp0y— Seth Emerson (@SethWEmerson) August 29, 2022 [/FONT]

shotgunDawg

Nov 13, 2011
Same ole crap.

With college football only having 3-5 teams that matter in this era (Bama, UGA, Ohio State + two teams that just vaulted up the recruiting rankings), why would they need to know anything about the other 62 or so power 5 schools?

dogmatic

Aug 22, 2012
I don't routinely make grammar nerd posts because that's not the point of this board, but anyone who considers himself a writer and uses the word "myself" instead of "I" when the latter is called for is an ignorant piece of ****. Not to mention he should have written "and I" at the end of the list, rather than "myself" at the beginning. This one let me know he was worthless with the third word of his post, so he does have brevity working for him at least.

Last edited:

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I don't routinely make grammar nerd posts because that's not the point of this board, but anyone who considers himself a writer and uses the word "myself" instead of "me" when the latter is called for is an ignorant piece of ****. Not to mention he should have written "and me" at the end of the list, rather than "myself" at the beginning. This one let me know he was worthless with the third word of his post, so he does have brevity working for him at least.

I hate to do this as well, but I think it should be "and I" not "and me" at the end of the list. Myself was definitely wrong though. The writer is the subject not the object. The simple way to know for sure is to remove the list and try the sentence... "I conducted a draft of SEC players..." Not "Myself or Me" conducted a draft.

I'm going to go hurt myself a little for grammar policing the grammar police.

ETA. I could be completely wrong on this though as I performed very poorly on the English section of the ACT.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I don't routinely make grammar nerd posts because that's not the point of this board, but anyone who considers himself a writer and uses the word "myself" instead of "me" when the latter is called for is an ignorant piece of ****. Not to mention he should have written "and me" at the end of the list, rather than "myself" at the beginning. This one let me know he was worthless with the third word of his post, so he does have brevity working for him at least.

Careful! Your writer is showing.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I hate to do this as well, but I think it should be "and I" not "and me" at the end of the list. Myself was definitely wrong though. The writer is the subject not the object. The simple way to know for sure is to remove the list and try the sentence... "I conducted a draft of SEC players..." Not "Myself or Me" conducted a draft.

I'm going to go hurt myself a little for grammar policing the grammar police.

ETA. I could be completely wrong on this though as I performed very poorly on the English section of the ACT.

Don't ask me! Only one of my degree is in English and I left it in Mississippi.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
It’s basically an All-SEC team with 5 teams. Did we have any other players on the all-sec coaches or media polls? (I know they don’t do 5 teams)
Who else would be close? Maybe Austin Williams?

ETA: I didn’t click on the article, basing this solely on the information in the OP

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login