The Bear and Stanford Steve both took our “over” 6.5 wins

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I say “took”, both said they “leaned” over. But, Per Stanford Steve, every time Leach has had a 3rd year starter at QB - he’s won 9+ games. They also said everyone on our 2 deep will be at least 20 years old this year.

Bear also said the Memphis line was a big miss. Opened around -8 and now sitting -16.

Also, both were down on OM’s over 8. Too much turnover. Said they could start 7-0 and not get to 8.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Also, both were down on OM’s over 8. Too much turnover. Said they could start 7-0 and not get to 8.

Shh! Not so loud. The Rebel internet comment crowd might hear you and we don't need that crew screwing up the place. They are thick as thieves on Twitter and more annoying and plentiful than another Marvel tv show

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I say “took”, both said they “leaned” over. But, Per Stanford Steve, every time Leach has had a 3rd year starter at QB - he’s won 9+ games. They also said everyone on our 2 deep will be at least 20 years old this year.

Bear also said the Memphis line was a big miss. Opened around -8 and now sitting -16.

I'm on the fence about it too. I think we are 7-5 with an outside chance at 8-4, but could easily end up 6-6.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I'm on the fence about it too. I think we are 7-5 with an outside chance at 8-4, but could easily end up 6-6.

We have 9-3 talent with a 6-6 schedule. I'm still convincing myself we will find a way to win 8.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Our line is pretty close. I'm leaning under, but could go over. Mississippi's line looks just a bit high. I'm going under for them.

Aug 22, 2012

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
I Think our line is pretty close. As for Ole Miss, who knows? They have a LOT of transfers. If their new SC QB turns out to be good, and he was highly recruited obviously, they could be good again. One thing about this QB though, he actually left SC, Corral never actually got there.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I hope I'm as much on the Leach Train as I was for that one week after the LSU game by the end of this year.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I recently made the trip over to Vicksburg and bet the over and some other crazy ****. If all my State bets pay off it will be crazy fun here on the SPS. Also Ms NT is retiring at the end of the year and we will have a great trip to celebrate her retirement.

Aug 22, 2012
Going to be funny watching a bunch of you clowns leaping to get on the Leach Train this year.

10-3 after a bowl win. 2 of the losses will be those close ones where if just one thing hadn't gone wrong we win and one will be a blowout where all the haters pile on Leach again.

One of the wins will be a huge upset.

I have no logical reason to believe this. Just how it feels for some reason.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012

Only problem there is that 9+ wins in the PAC 12 or Big 12 = 7 wins in the SEC West.

Aug 22, 2012
Only problem there is that 9+ wins in the PAC 12 or Big 12 = 7 wins in the SEC West.

Actually, relative to their conference, Washington St. faces just about the same recruiting deficit as we do, if not slightly worse. Under Leach they typically had the 10th best class out of 12 teams in the PAC-12, whereas our recruiting under Leach is around 10 out of 14 in the SEC. So based strictly on talent, the hill he had to climb in Pullman was slightly steeper than in Starkville.

The one thing he didn't have at Pullman was a guaranteed game against Bama. So I guess it'd be more fair to discount it one win instead of two

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
That’s assuming the decrease in talent from the top teams is linear, when in reality its more like an exponential decrease that tapers off quickly once you get past the top 10-15 teams. The talent gap between Bama and the 20th best team is way bigger than the gap between that 20th best team and the worst P5 team. That’s the biggest problem with college football….the complete lack of parity where only those Top 5 or 6 teams have any chance whatsoever at a title.

The results on the field bear that out too. We play Bama every year, and they beat us every bit as badly as we usually beat Vanderbilt.

Of course, there are no Bama’s, Georgia’s, or anything even remotely similar in the PAC 12. There hasn’t been for close to 20 years now.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Actually, relative to their conference, Washington St. faces just about the same recruiting deficit as we do, if not slightly worse. Under Leach they typically had the 10th best class out of 12 teams in the PAC-12, whereas our recruiting under Leach is around 10 out of 14 in the SEC. So based strictly on talent, the hill he had to climb in Pullman was slightly steeper than in Starkville.

The one thing he didn't have at Pullman was a guaranteed game against Bama. So I guess it'd be more fair to discount it one win instead of two
This made me curious, so I took a look at 247. In 2012, Leach's first class, he finished about 8 points behind the top team (Stanford) in the average point ranking. In 2020, his first class here, only 5 behind Alabama, the top team in the SEC. So it appears by that very small sample size that the Pac-12 talent gap, as far as ratings, was wider.

I'm too lazy to look up multiple years and average it all out.

Aug 22, 2012
That’s assuming the decrease in talent from the top teams is linear, when in reality its more like an exponential decrease that tapers off quickly once you get past the top 10-15 teams. The talent gap between Bama and the 20th best team is way bigger than the gap between that 20th best team and the worst P5 team. That’s the biggest problem with college football….the complete lack of parity where only those Top 5 or 6 teams have any chance whatsoever at a title.

The results on the field bear that out too. We play Bama every year, and they beat us every bit as badly as we usually beat Vanderbilt.

Of course, there are no Bama’s, Georgia’s, or anything even remotely similar in the PAC 12. There hasn’t been for close to 20 years now.

I’m not certain the difference in recruiting between Bama or UGA and us is greater by a significant margin from the difference between Oregon or USC and Washington St.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I’m not certain the difference in recruiting between Bama or UGA and us is greater by a significant margin from the difference between Oregon or USC and Washington St.

In the last 10 years of NFL drafts (2013-2022), Oregon has had 32 players drafted compared to 13 from Washington State. 19 more drafted, about 2 players per year more.

Over the same period, Alabama has had 89 players drafted, compared to 31 from Mississippi State. 58 more players drafted, average of almost 6 per season more than MSU.

So, yeah….I’d say the gap is quite a bit larger now for Leach, even though his talent has increased vs. what it was at Wazzu. I didn’t check UGA or USC, but I’d imagine it tells a similar story. And there are about 5 or 6 other SEC schools besides those two that straight up skunk all the PAC 12 schools in recruiting, including USC and Oregon.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login