The Boy’s of 98 in Starkville

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Never heard of them? Neither had I until tonight. Was showing my kid some MSU campus, sorority videos, etc, and ran into this. She’s never been to State.
These guys are a Barstool like crew, probably not your cup of tea, nor mine . They go to campuses, usually during football season, spend a few days bar hopping, touring athletic facilities, frat houses, hitting bars,getting drunk, tailgates, then going to the game, partying afterwards.

After all the debauchery, they rate the experience. Athletics, Bar scene, Greek Life, etc.
They will be in Starkville, LSU week. Their numbers on YouTube are not huge right now, but I can only hope someone on campus is aware of them, and that we don’t get $hat on like when the Barstool guys came to town. They’ve been to OM, LSU, Bama, etc..

Went to UT and got a tour of their baseball facility, we could blow that out of the park.

Sounds stupid, but I believe, we often dismiss things like this to our demise. These guys blow up in the next year, and if we have a bad showing people see it.
Just an old guys opinion..

If I had any ability to do anything, I’d have someone like Brandon giving them a tour, although it’s probably not contractually possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darryl Steight

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Never heard of them? Neither had I until tonight. Was showing my kid some MSU campus, sorority videos, etc, and ran into this. She’s never been to State.
These guys are a Barstool like crew, probably not your cup of tea, nor mine . They go to campuses, usually during football season, spend a few days bar hopping, touring athletic facilities, frat houses, hitting bars,getting drunk, tailgates, then going to the game, partying afterwards.

After all the debauchery, they rate the experience. Athletics, Bar scene, Greek Life, etc.
They will be in Starkville, LSU week. Their numbers on YouTube are not huge right now, but I can only hope someone on campus is aware of them, and that we don’t get $hat on like when the Barstool guys came to town. They’ve been to OM, LSU, Bama, etc..

Went to UT and got a tour of their baseball facility, we could blow that out of the park.

Sounds stupid, but I believe, we often dismiss things like this to our demise. These guys blow up in the next year, and if we have a bad showing people see it.
Just an old guys opinion..

If I had any ability to do anything, I’d have someone like Brandon giving them a tour, although it’s probably not contractually possible.
Seen it. They’re Canadians. Not impressed.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login