The boys just bought their coach another season

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The Office Yes GIF

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
If so, I think we deserve whatever new low we may set next year. We are fundamentally awful in almost every facet of the game. He either isn’t a very good coach/developer or a terrible evaluator of talent. I honestly don’t see another realistic explanation.

This weekend was fun, but I don’t believe it’s an accurate reflection of where we are. However, I also make part of my living putting my entire arm in a cow’s rectum, so…

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I just want to win and it doesn't matter who the coach is. If they don't make it to post season, he should be fired but have a feeling this win saved his job. Hopefully if so, he will turn it around next season. He better hit a homerun with the new pitching coach.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If so, I think we deserve whatever new low we may set next year. We are fundamentally awful in almost every facet of the game. He either isn’t a very good coach/developer or a terrible evaluator of talent. I honestly don’t see another realistic explanation.

This weekend was fun, but I don’t believe it’s an accurate reflection of where we are. However, I also make part of my living putting my entire arm in a cow’s rectum, so…

I get the pissticity, but we looked like a solid baseball team this weekend.

And as bad as we've been, we'd probably be winning most of the leagues in this country.

The SEC makes honest analysis hard, but there are very few teams with enough talent to do what we just did.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011

And as bad as we've been, we'd probably be winning most of the leagues in this country.

The SEC makes honest analysis hard, but there are very few teams with enough talent to do what we just did.
What was solid about the pitching outside of Nixon and Smith?

Reactions: 60sdog

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Are you people short sighted enough to let 2 games in 24 hrs change the facts of the craptastic product that has represented our school the last 2 seasons? Really? We had a good solid 2 games but we're 17-40 in conference the past 2 seasons. We gave up 29 runs this weekend, which by the way, is more than we actually scored this weekend. We run the bases terrible. We field terrible (still lead the conference in errors, the next team has made 10 fewer). We have hit the ball terrible for most of that time (9th in batting avg) (11th in rbi's) (13th in hits) (last in most strikeouts) and sweet baby Jesus we pitch AWFUL. You are really letting 2 games change those facts for you? These 2 games didn't change this team......

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Are you people short sighted enough to let 2 games in 24 hrs change the facts of the craptastic product that has represented our school the last 2 seasons? Really? We had a good solid 2 games but we're 17-40 in conference the past 2 seasons. We gave up 29 runs this weekend, which by the way, is more than we actually scored this weekend. We run the bases terrible. We field terrible (still lead the conference in errors, the next team has made 10 fewer). We have hit the ball terrible for most of that time (9th in batting avg) (11th in rbi's) (13th in hits) (last in most strikeouts) and sweet baby Jesus we pitch AWFUL. You are really letting 2 games change those facts for you? These 2 games didn't change this team......
This all day. In the same way a few games didn't make me certain we needed a change, there aren't enough games left to warrant keeping Lemonis, short of winning the SECT and a regional...maybe even a Super Regional. and this only if we actually play fundamentally sound baseball, not take advantage of the other SEC team that has just plain awful relief pitching. Of course, we don't even have starters that are SEC caliber other than perhaps Cade Smith.

Let's not discount just how bad LSU's bullpen is and how much that played a role in us taking 2 of 3.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
LSU fans must be sick knowing they will likely not make it out of their own Regional. And God help them if Skenes has a bad outing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Msuirondawgs

patdog

May 28, 2007
Don’t bring me down from these two wins. I think he still has to make the SEC tournament though. The season is still unacceptable.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I'm extremely sure I never said the pitching was solid, but 5 innings of scoreless ball while your team is scoring 10 runs in the ballpark of the #2 team in the country is pretty decent.
You said ‘we looked like a solid baseball team this weekend’. Outside of last night, there was nothing solid about pitching. It’s disgusting.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
the only thing that MIGHT save his job this year is making the SEC tournament and not going two and out. To do that, we have to take 2 of 3 from aTm next week.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
You said ‘we looked like a solid baseball team this weekend’. Outside of last night, there was nothing solid about pitching. It’s disgusting.
I will say, Tyler Davis has grown steadily up in the past month or so. And Dohm has regressed unfortunately

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Off subject question. Didn't things start getting crappy after they stop wearing all black on Sunday?

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
the only thing that MIGHT save his job this year is making the SEC tournament and not going two and out. To do that, we have to take 2 of 3 from aTm next week.
2/3 won't be good enough. We'll have to sweep and have either Missouri or Georgia get swept as well.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I think Lemonis was returning either way. But, certainly seems more likely now.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I think Lemonis was returning either way. But, certainly seems more likely now.
If that's the case, we'll be sitting in the SEC cellar for a decade. We'll be too deep into his recruiting classes to recover any sooner with a new coach (we may be now). Which will give great coaches pause when we inevitably come calling next year.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

The hitters on our baseball team scored 23 runs over two games to beat the #2 team in the country twice in their home stadium. And a few pitchers really stepped up for 5 innings to help us get that 2nd win

I'm gonna stick with my assessment that that is solid. This has been a pretty insufferable season. I'm gonna enjoy this one and whether I like it or not, I think it bought Lemonis another year. His players stepped up like they had some fire in their belly.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
The hitters on our baseball team scored 23 runs over two games to beat the #2 team in the country twice in their home stadium. And a few pitchers really stepped up for 5 innings to help us get that 2nd win

I'm gonna stick with my assessment that that is solid. This has been a pretty insufferable season. I'm gonna enjoy this one and whether I like it or not, I think it bought Lemonis another year. His players stepped up like they had some fire in their belly.
If they keep playing like the last two games, I don’t care who the coach is!

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Even bad teams have stretches where they play well.

And make no mistake about it, this was bad baseball all weekend by both teams more so than good baseball. It just so happened we came out on the good side of things this weekend.

LSU has major pitching issues outside of Skenes that they'll need to get fixed if they play on making a run to Omaha. Teams have figured out, you throw off vs Skenes and save all your pitching for the other 2 games. Going to be hard to win in the post-season without other quality arms

If we are a solid baseball team like some have claimed here, then winning 2 of 3 at home with a possible bid in Hoover at stake, shouldnt be a problem. Especially against an AM team that is 3-7 in their last 10 SEC games and reeling.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

To make a leap to this argument, you have to justify the shittastic performances we've had in the non-conference.

You won't, because you can't.

Reactions: Uncle Ruckus

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I just ignored the fact that the season was still going this weekend. First time I've done so in a decade. The results and these reports of hustle and no quit make me want to tune in next week.

What say y'all? Do I have a right to follow next week if I bailed this weekend?

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
To make a leap to this argument, you have to justify the shittastic performances we've had in the non-conference.

You won't, because you can't.

Well, since you think I'm full of **** I figured I'd check my assertion.

State is 18-5 in the non con with a non con RPI of 41 and overall RPI of 44. We're 10-3 vs Top 100 RPI non con teams (with two other early bad losses to ULM and VMI). Our overall RPI would be the best mark in 16 of 30 D1 leagues and it'd be 2nd best in 7 others. It's 13th best in the SEC.

None of that excuses Lemonis or this season, but the SEC really amplifies the bad on this team.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login