The CA had MSU ranked 4th in the conference...

memphisbluesagain

Feb 24, 2008
behind TN, Vandy and KY.

Kentucky? I just don't get it. The CA must be ranking them for what they have been.

yes, I'm a MSU homer but I still thought it was ridiculous.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
The idiots on sports 56 this morning said that Tennessee, Vandy and Kentucky were the 3 best teams in the conference and the rest just werent very good. One even went as far as to say that the SEC was pretty close to Conference USA this season. The dumb was running wild like usual on that station this morning

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
completely stopped listening to those idiots in the morning. Peter Edmiston might be the worst sports radio host ever. Tillery doesn't add anything, he just says "Yeah" a lot. Then they bring on these idiotic guests like this dickwad that comes on Wednesday mornings, some writer from Dallas that thinks he's Jim Rome or something. Brutal. I'm not even sure Peter watches sports on television. He is clueless.

Listening to the Sports Bar at 5 isn't much better, mainly because of Wineburger.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Winburger is far and away the worst on that station. He is @#%$ terrible. But to even compare the SEC to Conference USA is taking ignorance to a whole new evel

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
Jeff is by far the worst. He hates everything. He spouts off ridiculous statements, then when he's called on them, he refuses to admit he was wrong and tries to rephrase or restructure the argument, or just say the caller is wrong and hang up on them.

Gosh, that sounds familiar.

</Peaches>
</JR>

muddawgs33

Aug 28, 2007
Yeah Kentucky is badass. I mean they barely held on to beat Arkansas at Kentucky and Arkansas is behind us in the west by 2 games. I can see their logic from a retarded point of view. That's just ridiculous.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think you could make the argument for Vandy and Kentucky being #2 and #3. KY has the same record as us and Vandy is only 1/2 game back of us with and still have us to play at home. And both play in the much tougher East (19-7 vs. the West).

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
He is a massive Ole Miss fan/booster. At least he will admit it, though. Weinburger tries to claim neutrality.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Can you make the argument that the SEC is pretty close to the Conf USA this year? That is what was so ridiculous about the whole thing. And I do think we are a better team than Kentucky. We have beat them head to head and have performed better on the road so far this season

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
we've performed better at home too. Yes, I know it was early, but Kentucky should never lose to Gardner-Webb, San Diego and UAB at home. Ever.

They are much better now than they were then, but I would still rank us ahead of them overall. I would go UT, Vandy, us, Kentucky.

Oct 17, 2007
they said we were the 3rd best in the conference but got lost in the shuffle. This happened once their guest called them out on it and told them how talented our team actually is. I don't really want their endorsement, it is worthless anyway.

One even named all of our starters...that is the most respect we have gotten on that station since I moved here. They are the same ones that said, "Memphis doesn't want MSU for the Liberty Bowl, they won't bring a crowd and it will be bad for business." Great opinion...

patdog

May 28, 2007
Comparing the SEC to CUSA is beyond ridiculous. And I'm not saying I'm buying the argument that Kentucky is #3, just that it's not an outlandish argument to make. I'd rank it:

Tenn

Vandy
MSU

KY/Ark/FL

UM

The rest

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login