The Chiefs have such an iconic logo but …

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
dang the non-logo on the larger than normal front nose bumper and the non logo on the large rear neck bumper is just horrible looking.
I assume they are looking for the old school 60’s-70’s look of no logo but it’s bad.
That and the fact that Mahomes helmet is so 17-ing bad!
I haven’t seen another player in all of the NFL with a helmet that looks as bad on a player as does his.
Go Bills !!!

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
dang the non-logo on the larger than normal front nose bumper and the non logo on the large rear neck bumper is just horrible looking.
I assume they are looking for the old school 60’s-70’s look of no logo but it’s bad.
I haven’t seen another player in all of the NFL with a helmet that looks as bad on a player as does his.
Go Bills !!!

And I thought I was the only one who says that about Mahomes helmet.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Go Bills !!!
Part of me is mildly surprised that KC has avoided the logo / nickname protestations of franchises like Washington (NFL) and Cleveland (MLB)

Reactions: Dawg1976

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Part of me is mildly surprised that KC has avoided the logo / nickname protestations of franchises like Washington (NFL) and Cleveland (MLB)
They probably give money like the Braves do. Or, maybe it's because Chiefs/Braves aren't derogatory in nature.

If they ever do get rid of those, how long before they go after the Sacramento/LA Kings? Montreal Canadiens? What about the NY Islanders? Raiders? Patriots? Saints? Couldn't these all be cultural appropriation?

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
They probably give money like the Braves do. Or, maybe it's because Chiefs/Braves aren't derogatory in nature.

If they ever do get rid of those, how long before they go after the Sacramento/LA Kings? Montreal Canadiens? What about the NY Islanders? Raiders? Patriots? Saints? Couldn't these all be cultural appropriation?
Nah. Those are mostly whities. Nothing towards whities is derogatory.

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009

Along those lines, is there documented proof that Lions, or Tigers, or Bears have ever given their consent to be used in such a derogatory, appropriated manner?!?**

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Go Bills !!!
Mahomes head looks like an alien with that helmet.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
And I thought I was the only one who says that about Mahomes helmet.
It’s one of the new helmets that’s supposed to help prevent concussions. Bosa and Kittle wear them along with a lot of tight ends and linemen across the league.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Go Bills !!!

Go Bills !!!
Back in the Hank Stram days in the 60's & early 70's, the helmets had numbers on the back of the helmets. I have to agree that the current helmets look almost naked with no logos on front or back helmet bumpers.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
The kansas city chiefs got there name from the mayor of kansas City when the team relocated, the people called the mayor the "CHIEF". Their actual mascot is a coyote, so the name has literally nothing to do with Native Americans. The mayor was also an avid arrowhead collector, even having some of them displayed in museums, hence the name of the stadium and helmet decal.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login