The China Virus is over. Why is ESPN broadcasting remotely?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
There's another virus affecting children that is spreading all over China. It will make it way here.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
ESPN bleeding money, cannot afford to send pat to Vegas.

It's fine with me. Hopefully they set him up with multiple angles at his house. Would rather hear it good than to hear them from the floor level sideline.

Last edited:

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Low level non conference games have announcers broadcasting remotely pretty regularly. Saves a lot of money not to send announcers for what will probably be a dog game. When conference play starts, all the announcers will be on site.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
There's another virus affecting children that is spreading all over China. It will make it way here.
Not to be that guy, but it is what i do. It is being caused by Mycoplasma, which is a bacteria and not a virus. ALthough the numbers are up compared to normal admissions and have been increased in children, the numbers arent even in the same stratosphere as COVID and thus far i havent heard of a boatload of deaths. Mycoplasma is also not considered a communicable disease (it is transmitted by droplets, but not near as easily as the flu or COVID), so any argument for extreme isolation, etc would be asinine. It is noteworthy and important as far as epidemiology goes, but it is very obviously being used by all the major networks as clickbait currently. Shocking, i know.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Not to be that guy, but it is what i do. It is being caused by Mycoplasma, which is a bacteria and not a virus. ALthough the numbers are up compared to normal admissions and have been increased in children, the numbers arent even in the same stratosphere as COVID and thus far i havent heard of a boatload of deaths. Mycoplasma is also not considered a communicable disease (it is transmitted by droplets, but not near as easily as the flu or COVID), so any argument for extreme isolation, etc would be asinine. It is noteworthy and important as far as epidemiology goes, but it is very obviously being used by all the major networks as clickbait currently. Shocking, i know.
You can be that guy in this case. I don't know the difference. You taught me.

KeyserSoze1999

Aug 26, 2015
Meh. A little dry and Sciency for me...just as long as it is full scale medical panic crazy in time for the election next year.***

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It’s pneumonia caused by RSV. It’s already here too. All these kids have been kinda sheltered from a really robust virus

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
It’s pneumonia caused by RSV. It’s already here too. All these kids have been kinda sheltered from a really robust virus
I think these kids need to drink out of water hoses and get dirty occasionally. Maybe eat dinner without washing their hands sometimes as well. Eat food after hits the floor. And don’t bathe in hand sanitizer. Build up their immune system.
And most importantly, stay off my lawn.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login