The coaches have this backwards

Sep 16, 2023
Mike needs to run the rpo/read option that we have as our base offense…..bring Will in for 3 and long or when we are down by 14 or more in the 2nd half, when we have to spread it out 4 wide and chunk it.

It’s that simple. Why is this so hard?
Because this is Mississippi state and we don’t do things that way around here

Oct 20, 2022
Mike needs to run the rpo/read option that we have as our base offense…..bring Will in for 3 and long or when we are down by 14 or more in the 2nd half, when we have to spread it out 4 wide and chunk it.

It’s that simple. Why is this so hard?
It's obvious that our best option is the running game and it appears that best suits are offensive line. Passing game is limited with the current scheme and lack of ability to stop the edge rush. HC said at the time of his hiring he'd put the best players on the field that can win games. So he needs to go do it. Also, get those clipboard guys off the sidelines during the game.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I think they almost feel obligated to play Will. He supposedly had offers but came back and bought into the new system. And with all the passing records he has I just don't think they had the balls to hand it over to Wright. What is mind boggling is why they haven't let Wright have a series or two in a game. Playing him just 3-4 plays per game is just stupid.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
The way I see it is they couldn’t get our Oline ready to block properly for a 3rd year starter in this offense, so I don’t see any way they get them ready to block for two different style QBs on the same day. That’s what I think the problem really is with why they aren’t playing Wright more. Too predictable when everyone knows our Oline struggles with our blocking schemes.

Looks to me they changed the plays they call to the few they have confidence all 11 kids can execute together at the same time. Who cares what QB plays when we can’t have 11 executing each play together and at the same time. I don’t think we brought Wright in to be QB of the future, that is Parson. So why not play him?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login