I don't know the rule but the announcers made it sound like it was the LBer yelling out move, not the actual movement.
The penalty was for disconcerting signals. Essentially you can't try and yell out to trick the offense. In this case the LBer yelled "move", the line all shifted, the OL jumped.
Guess it could be subjective but in this specific case it seemed pretty obvious what they were doing. I don't think they would have been called if the OL doesn't jump. Might be something OLs try and take advantage of at some point.
Ohhhhh nooooo. are you saying that we don’t need to instill discipline in the youth of todays society!?!? The atrocity of such expectations is criminal!!!I think it was the fact that they all shifted at the same time. I don't think they will allow you to move suddenly as a team. It makes the offensive line jump.
The pessimist in me says we’re going to see no calls against us.And, the rule has been around a long time but it seems refs have been told to focus on it this year. Defense can't yell hut, this is just an extended interpretation of that.
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
Maroon and White
No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
Maroon and White
Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama
Maroon and White Football
Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?