The D line can longer shift in 2024??

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
I don't know the rule but the announcers made it sound like it was the LBer yelling out move, not the actual movement.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I think it was the fact that they all shifted at the same time. I don't think they will allow you to move suddenly as a team. It makes the offensive line jump.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
The penalty was for disconcerting signals. Essentially you can't try and yell out to trick the offense. In this case the LBer yelled "move", the line all shifted, the OL jumped.

Guess it could be subjective but in this specific case it seemed pretty obvious what they were doing. I don't think they would have been called if the OL doesn't jump. Might be something OLs try and take advantage of at some point.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
The penalty was for disconcerting signals. Essentially you can't try and yell out to trick the offense. In this case the LBer yelled "move", the line all shifted, the OL jumped.

Guess it could be subjective but in this specific case it seemed pretty obvious what they were doing. I don't think they would have been called if the OL doesn't jump. Might be something OLs try and take advantage of at some point.

And, the rule has been around a long time but it seems refs have been told to focus on it this year. Defense can't yell hut, this is just an extended interpretation of that.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
I think it was the fact that they all shifted at the same time. I don't think they will allow you to move suddenly as a team. It makes the offensive line jump.
Ohhhhh nooooo. are you saying that we don’t need to instill discipline in the youth of todays society!?!? The atrocity of such expectations is criminal!!!

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
And, the rule has been around a long time but it seems refs have been told to focus on it this year. Defense can't yell hut, this is just an extended interpretation of that.
The pessimist in me says we’re going to see no calls against us.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login