The day is here

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
That list of teams is just as laughable as the fact that college player is making that much money. Raiders or Giants might be bad enough to position for him. He’s kinda sounding like Eli telling the Chargers you can draft me but I’m not playing for you.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
It’s a Twitter account that has 309 followers… I think the most likely answer is that is false. If he does not like who has the first pick then he may try to bully them to trade to someone else but no way Caleb Williams is not the first pick in the draft next year, and he’s especially not going to skip the #1 pick for NIL money.

You guys gotta stop seeing stuff on Facebook and taking it as gospel.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Whole thing looks fake as hell. And its not even how the system works. You can’t just declare for the NFL draft and then return to your college team if you don’t like where you are picked. He’d already be ineligible by that point.

Reactions: PearlRiverCoDawg

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Does he though? Is anybody seeing these commercials and thinking, "17 i need to go get some wendy's and a dr. pepper. caleb williams loves it, must be good."
That’s not how you measure it. I don’t do anything bc DJ Khalid is In the commercials but he clearly has value to some companies.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Does he though? Is anybody seeing these commercials and thinking, "17 i need to go get some wendy's and a dr. pepper. caleb williams loves it, must be good."
Maybe not you. But you have to do the math. 85% of people are mind-numbingly stupid and/or ignorant. 95% of people are superficial. So statistically, .85 x .95 = .8075. So around 81% of people make stupid and superficial decisions every day about what they buy.

The other 19% of us post on sports messageboards****

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
You would be suprised at how brand marketing effects our decisions. There is a reason you trust brands you have seen before and ones you have not seen before. Bombard you with the brand/logo and after you have seen it 10,000 times its a known entity. It's not so much what/who the brand is associated with. It truly is our monkey brains with brand stuff. Monkey see, monkey buy.

Yeti is worth $300 more and you like it because of Star Wars. And Apple iPhones are worth $600 more than phones that do the exact same thing. You buy both out of fear and envy. But brands do not effect you, strong man.

Reactions: josebrown

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Dr Pepper Japan GIF

I chose it because of Godzilla.

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
Just a leverage play.

I doubt it's true, but it doesn't matter really. He's trying to manipulate the draft in the same way Elway did. Makes total sense IMO sense which team you go to determines a ton about your career

Reactions: onewoof

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
Maybe not you. But you have to do the math. 85% of people are mind-numbingly stupid and/or ignorant. 95% of people are superficial. So statistically, .85 x .95 = .8075. So around 81% of people make stupid and superficial decisions every day about what they buy.

Your theory is correct, but your numbers are too low.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Winning the Heisman as an underclassmen at USC is probably the peak of marketability. This is probably fake but if something like this were to occur, it would happen with him.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
He has us talking about wendy's and dr pepper on a mississippi state message board, so I'd say the advertising is having some effect
Talk is cheap, real cheap on a message board. They (companies) don't benefit unless you as an individual are so weak you have to go through the drive through and buy something, just because you saw it on a message board and some teenager said it. That, is a very weak person that has to do that

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

wrestlemania ix wrestling GIF by WWE

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It’s a Twitter account that has 309 followers… I think the most likely answer is that is false. If he does not like who has the first pick then he may try to bully them to trade to someone else but no way Caleb Williams is not the first pick in the draft next year, and he’s especially not going to skip the #1 pick for NIL money.

You guys gotta stop seeing stuff on Facebook and taking it as gospel.
Especially popular with the late Boomers and early Gen Xers. They believe anything. It's like they can't discern between the news they grew up on, which was somewhat credible, and social media 'news'.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012

Pretty sure that number is around 17%. Re-run your calculations.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Especially popular with the late Boomers and early Gen Xers. They believe anything. It's like they can't discern between the news they grew up on, which was somewhat credible, and social media 'news'.

Better get used to it whatever special gen you are because AI is going to make determining the "truth" from "news outlets" all that more difficult especially with facial and voice fakes.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Goat, your obsession with "boomers" is overriding your common sense

Twitter age demographics​

Twitter has a near parity between the age brackets of 18 to 44 years old, with 35-44 the highest age bracket by a slight margin.

Twitter age demographics 2022 (%)​

Age bracketPercentage of Users
13-177.8
18-2425.2
25-3426.6
35-4428.4
45+12

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Goat, your obsession with "boomers" is overriding your common sense

Twitter age demographics​

Twitter has a near parity between the age brackets of 18 to 44 years old, with 35-44 the highest age bracket by a slight margin.

Twitter age demographics 2022 (%)​

Age bracketPercentage of Users
13-177.8
18-2425.2
25-3426.6
35-4428.4
45+12
What's Twitter got to do with anything? You know Boomers are all on Facebook. Well, maybe Parler and now Truth Social :ROFLMAO:. But they never really left Facebook.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
What's Twitter got to do with anything? You know Boomers are all on Facebook. Well, maybe Parler and now Truth Social :ROFLMAO:. But they never really left Facebook.
LOL most of us use Facebook to post pictures of our grandchildren and don't know or CARE what the other outlets are. We've screwed up our share (like every generation) but let's face it we are yesterday's news.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Yeti is worth $300 more and you like it because of Star Wars. And Apple iPhones are worth $600 more than phones that do the exact same thing. You buy both out of fear and envy. But brands do not effect you, strong man.
What does a newish cooler company have to do with a movie made in the 70s?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
LOL most of us use Facebook to post pictures of our grandchildren and don't know or CARE what the other outlets are. We've screwed up our share (like every generation) but let's face it we are yesterday's news.
I'm just joking at the end of the day. But I'll never forget being at the SEC Tournament circa 2017, and seeing a 50-something year old dude on his phone looking at ED. He then pops up to the guy next to him and is like, "hey did you hear such and such and such" and was serious as a heart attack.

Your age group does seem to put more stock in that kind of stuff. Every joke has a little truth in it.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It will cost him money in the long run. Your body can only play so many plays. He has to get through those rookie contract before he can make real money as a QB. He needs to move on past college regardless of the money.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Just a leverage play.

I doubt it's true, but it doesn't matter really. He's trying to manipulate the draft in the same way Elway did. Makes total sense IMO sense which team you go to determines a ton about your career
1) It’s not true. There is no “I doubt its true”, “It might not be true”, “Possibly not true” about it. Its as false and as big of a lie as the earth being flat.

2) The reason it is false is self-evident. It is not possible for it to be true based on the NFL draft rules and collegiate eligibility rules. Its not a leverage play because Williams has no leverage, nor will he ever have the alleged leverage to return to school once he or his representation even has a chance to discuss any particulars with NFL teams.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Dr Pepper Japan GIF

I chose it because of Godzilla.
What does Mothra drink. I didn't realize Dr Pepper made 4 story can drinks! Where can we get one. Better yet, where are the 4 story Kegs???

I'm a boomer so I believe anything y'all put on here you know! ***

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
1) It’s not true. There is no “I doubt its true”, “It might not be true”, “Possibly not true” about it. Its as false and as big of a lie as the earth being flat.

2) The reason it is false is self-evident. It is not possible for it to be true based on the NFL draft rules and collegiate eligibility rules. Its not a leverage play because Williams has no leverage, nor will he ever have the alleged leverage to return to school once he or his representation even has a chance to discuss any particulars with NFL teams.
This was my first thought. It's clearly a BS twitter account, and even if he comes back next year he would still have to enter the draft the following year. So nothing changes.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
Haha you do know they don’t actually drink or eat that **** right? All they do is market it. Most the time if they drink out of a marked bottle or can, it has nothing or water in it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login