The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at an alltime high today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I learned 4-7 years ago that the stock market's status is how the economy should be assessed.
So it looks like the economy has never been better.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Damni it dorn. When nobody talks about the stock market, it soars.

Or is that people only bltch when things are bad? I don't know.

Reactions: dorndawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Feds dropping interest rates in time for the "24" elections. As Gomer Pyle would say ..... "surprise, surprise, surprise"
Rates remained unchanged today. They signaled 3 cuts for 24 but that's in no way binding.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Has it caught up to inflation yet?
Yes, it has actually and has surpassed it by 17%.
Follow my logic here. Let's say total inflation is at 20% since March 1, 2020. It may even be 29%, but it should be discounted because 9% of that inflation was going to happen anyway under normal circumstances.

So, 20% pandemic related inflation over 4 years. The S+P is up 37% with 3.5 more months to run since March 1, 2020. So even with inflation, the S+P market is up 17% overall on an average of 4.25% per year since the pandemic started outside of inflation.

Say what you want about inflation, money spent by both presidents, and both congresses...... this is after a complete breakdown of supply chains and a potential global major depression avoided. Inflation is cheap compared to what could have been lost.

Considering the alternative, 4.25% increase year over year is pretty dang good.

Dow is a different story, but similar.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I’ll be really surprised if they cut interest rates.

On another note, crude oil almost looks like a bear market right now. I imagine OPEC and OPEC+ will announce more cuts to production to try and stop the bleeding.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Dow all-time highs thread on SPS and the top story on Drudge. That is your signal to start taking some off the table and start throwing out some shorts. Home builders ETF (XHB) and S&P will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login