The Egg Bowl line keeps dropping

patdog

May 28, 2007
This is very strange. I think that line should be at least double what it is. I'm thinking something like a 42-17 beatdown.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Dogpatrol

Mar 12, 2021
Did Dart come out and say he does not know if he is returning after Kiffen said he was returning?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Maybe God pulls for State this year:

But then we'd have to suffer through another game with this team, a meaningless crappy lower tier bowl somewhere..............But I guess beating them would make it tolerable.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
OM -10 and State +14 is a very nice middle. Much nicer than the books want to offer when they open betting.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Down to 10 now. Started out at 14. Interesting.
I wouldn't bet on this game --- either way.

But in spite of how bad UGA made them look, Ole Miss is due a real Stinker.

Hope to Sweet Jesus it's Thursday night and the Bulldogs come ready to play.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Chuck Oliver had a five minute segment on how he believes we are about to beat them. He seems to think with Rogers and Woody back after a week we'd play a lot better than we have all year.. He doesn't think much of Golding and the Reb defense. He thinks the Rebs are about to into a maroon hornets nest Thursday night. I hope he's right. We'll see.

Aug 29, 2004
Chuck Oliver had a five minute segment on how he believes we are about to beat them. He seems to think with Rogers and Woody back after a week we'd play a lot better than we have all year.. He doesn't think much of Golding and the Reb defense. He thinks the Rebs are about to into a maroon hornets nest Thursday night. I hope he's right. We'll see.
Oliver is a self important *** hat. If he said State wins, then it will be Ole Miss by a million.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Who is chuck Oliver and is there any reason to believe him? I’m thinking about putting a couple hundred in the money line. Won’t win much if I win, but if I lose I won’t feel bad about it.

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
Down to 10 now. Started out at 14. Interesting.
Ole Miss is a good team, but they are not unbeatable. They have played some close ballgames against some bad football teams. I don't know how intangibles factor into Vegas lines, but I think the intangibles favor State. I know its cliché' to say "you can throw the records out in a rivalry game", but there is a lot of truth to it. Think about 2001 - in a span of about 5 weeks, we got the stem winding **** beat out of us by Florida and LSU, and also managed to lose to Troy State. By the time November rolled around, I was dreading the Egg Bowl and assuming that they were going to come to Starkville and flat out embarrass us. That did not happen.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Ole Miss is a good team, but they are not unbeatable. They have played some close ballgames against some bad football teams. I don't know how intangibles factor into Vegas lines, but I think the intangibles favor State. I know its cliché' to say "you can throw the records out in a rivalry game", but there is a lot of truth to it. Think about 2001 - in a span of about 5 weeks, we got the stem winding **** beat out of us by Florida and LSU, and also managed to lose to Troy State. By the time November rolled around, I was dreading the Egg Bowl and assuming that they were going to come to Starkville and flat out embarrass us. That did not happen.
That 2001 team was talented as hell. It was just the beginning of the end for Sherrill.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Maybe God pulls for State this year:

My family was sitting in the endzone and watched the ball come right for us and were cheering like crazy until we saw all the confederates sitting along the sidelines waving their flags. We had no idea the ball blew back like that until we watched it on the news later that night. They've had a few and I hope we're due for a win like that.

Reactions: dudehead

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
My family was sitting in the endzone and watched the ball come right for us and were cheering like crazy until we saw all the confederates sitting along the sidelines waving their flags. We had no idea the ball blew back like that until we watched it on the news later that night. They've had a few and I hope we're due for a win like that.
The “dog pee” missed PAT from a couple of years ago ALMOST made up for that….

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It'a all going to come down to our offense being able to score and not putting the defense in bad positions. I think defense plays well. I also think they are still pretty bruised up from the GA game. GA put a beat down on them both physically and on the score board. Hit Dart hard a couple of times he will leave the game.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Here is what is going to happen in the most State fashion ever. Dart is out and Spencer Sanders, who we have been making fun of all year for leaving a starting job to hold a clipboard, will start. He is going 34-40 for 420 and 6 TDs.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I saw the full highlights of that 83 game. My gosh, we just gave the game away. Turnover turnover turnover. We should have won by two TDs.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login