The flu is worse than COVID......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
......come at me bro. Prove me wrong. I've had COVID twice and it was nothing. Have the flu now and feels like I was run over by a Mack truck.
episode 7 GIF

Reactions: mstateglfr

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
......come at me bro. Prove me wrong. I've had COVID twice and it was nothing. Have the flu now and feels like I was run over by a Mack truck.
What were your first symptoms ? Within a 2 hr period last night I went from feeling good to having a cold . This morning woke up feeling like hell with a major sore throat. Seeing my doc at 2:30. Got a flu shot 3 weeks ago.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
What were your first symptoms ? Within a 2 hr period last night I went from feeling good to having a cold . This morning woke up feeling like hell with a major sore throat. Seeing my doc at 2:30. Got a flu shot 3 weeks ago.
Thursday about lunch, got a dry cough that got progressively worse, that night started getting a fever and couldn't sleep. Chest pains too.
Friday was horrific. Slight fever, terrible headache, cough that made the headache 5x worse, overall weakness.
Saturday was the worst. Same stuff as above, but fever was worse, and muscle aches kicked in.
Yesterday the fever broke, headache subsided, but congestion kicked in and muscle aches were still there. Smell/taste are altered, but not gone.
Today it's a good bit better, but breathing is difficult and still feel weak. Hard to want to do anything.

No real sore throat or runny nose during any of it. From what I can tell, the telltale sign of the flu is the dry cough being the first symptom, so doesn't sound like you have it.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
There was a time where comparing COVID to the flu meant you wanted grandmas to die.

PhiDawg

Aug 2, 2023
There was a time where comparing COVID to the flu meant you wanted grandmas to die.
I think did once make this comparison years ago and one lovely poster here asked me to write the names of four relatives I want to die.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Thursday about lunch, got a dry cough that got progressively worse, that night started getting a fever and couldn't sleep. Chest pains too.
Friday was horrific. Slight fever, terrible headache, cough that made the headache 5x worse, overall weakness.
Saturday was the worst. Same stuff as above, but fever was worse, and muscle aches kicked in.
Yesterday the fever broke, headache subsided, but congestion kicked in and muscle aches were still there. Smell/taste are altered, but not gone.
Today it's a good bit better, but breathing is difficult and still feel weak. Hard to want to do anything.

No real sore throat or runny nose during any of it. From what I can tell, the telltale sign of the flu is the dry cough being the first symptom, so doesn't sound like you have it.
Did you watch a replay of the Auburn game Wednesday night or Thursday morning? Just checking as it could cause some of the same symptoms.

Bully1972

Jan 2, 2020
Personally, I don't think there is a need to pick which illness is worse but certainly both can be milder for some people and more severe for some people. Personally, I won't minimize either considering I have preached the funerals of good friends who died of COVID and of course people die of the flu each year. I just don't see any purpose is debating which is worst. I pray you feel better soon.

Reactions: DoctorDawg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login