The GJ Kinne fans might want to get off the bandwagon.

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
Arkansas State today
eric cartman stan GIF by South Park

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
That's exactly it. Details are getting ironed out as we speak. Team was just going thru the motions

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I'm hoping our AD is above being swayed one way or the other by a single game. If he isn't, he's not the right man for the job.
Agreed. And that's why he shouldn't hire Kinne. All his hype comes from beating Baylor (currently 3-8) in the opener.

Kinne is nowhere near ready. He will likely finish 6-6 in year one in the Sun Belt. Improving on Texas State's 4-8 record from last year. His only other year of head coaching had him inherit a 10 win D2 Incarnate word and improve to 12 wins. Not exactly 180° turnarounds that scream he's the next coaching prodigy.

At this point he's never recruited and coached his own players other than a few portal guys this year. He has had 3 years of on field coaching in D1 and none in the power 5. He's going to be completely inexperienced at recruiting since he's never coached anywhere for more than a single season, even as a position coach or GA.

We can do a lot better.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
At least no one has suggested Butch Jones
Anybody who wants a coach that lets Butch Jones hang 77 on them is an idiot. Kinne is way too young snd only 6 years of coaching experience period. Didn't Ark state get bear bad enough that Butch cried earlier this year?

Reactions: patdog

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Didn’t realize there was even such a thing as a “GJ Kinne fan”. Internet sure is a strange place….where people with all sorts of weird proclivities can get together.
There are people on pay board that are in love with him I think. Some going to his games and don't even know if he is even a serious candidate. I know one poster that was saying he was driving up to go watch that game

Reactions: BulldawgFan

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
There are people on pay board that are in love with him I think. Some going to his games and don't even know if he is even a serious candidate. I know one poster that was saying he was driving up to go watch that game
Shirley you can’t be serious

patdog

May 28, 2007
I am they are in love with that guy. Talking about being Kelly with him if Kelly is fired. Kinne is the next big coach. And they aren't bothered by him getting his butt kicked by Butch.
Well, Kelly’s not getting fired after yesterday. And Kinne won’t even be a candidate. Just a few random internet posters in love with him.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I don’t have enough knowledge to even pretend to argue about who it should be. I do have some opinions on who it shouldn’t be…

Feb 4, 2015
I can’t understand why so many are hung up on our “next”coach. Don’t you think Selmon already has the coach? Our school could ill afford to fire a coach with two games left without already having a coach. We are not A&M that can get anyone we want AFTER the season. He’s probably just waiting to announce our next coach this Friday.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I can’t understand why so many are hung up on our “next”coach. Don’t you think Selmon already has the coach? Our school could ill afford to fire a coach with two games left without already having a coach. We are not A&M that can get anyone we want AFTER the season. He’s probably just waiting to announce our next coach this Friday.
That's really not how the process works. You can't hire a coach until you have a vacancy. That's why you see schools take a couple of weeks, and often go through several candidates before making a hire. They're not doing all that just for show when they've had the next coach all along even before they fired the last one.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login