The gun thread (not the topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Kudos all around on the gun thread. Several posts were really thoughtful, and it remained highly civil 95% of the time. Sixpackers really showed a high level of maturity, awareness, and breadth of knowledge.

On one hand, we'd probably get more done if the entirety of the US senate was replaced by a consortium of Sixpackers. On the other, we'd never recover financially from the hit to the national deficit due to increased spending at the Congressional cafeteria.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Drebin and glfer as senate majority and minority leaders. Be much more entertaining than Schumer and McConnell.

Maybe goat could be in there too. I feel like goat wouldn’t toe party lines as closely as Drebin and glfer. Goat would just tell everyone how stupid they were

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
If you rollerblade

To the office, you can have double portions #caloriedeficit

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Kudos all around on the gun thread. Several posts were really thoughtful, and it remained highly civil 95% of the time. Sixpackers really showed a high level of maturity, awareness, and breadth of knowledge.

On one hand, we'd probably get more done if the entirety of the US senate was replaced by a consortium of Sixpackers. On the other, we'd never recover financially from the hit to the national deficit due to increased spending at the Congressional cafeteria.

I think it was just locked too quickly for us to show our true colors. I assume several people were like me and had 12 paragraph screeds typed up pointing out what mutha17er limp *&!@ commies several posters are but just didn't quite hit post before the thread was locked.

Feb 23, 2008
It really was refreshing to see. In today's press conference, things just keep

getting worse and worse for local police. That town's law enforcement already looked incompetent enough as it was. Now we've learned an officer drove right past the suspect as he was waiting to go into the school. Oh and the tactical team arrived earlier than previously reported only to be held back by the police dept. Simply unreal and unfathomable.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
JoeLeesSocks will replace the entire Congressional Budget Office. This will however be revenue neutral as he will want to be paid in brisket.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Drebin and glfer as senate majority and minority leaders. Be much more entertaining than Schumer and McConnell.

Maybe goat could be in there too. I feel like goat wouldn’t toe party lines as closely as Drebin and glfer. Goat would just tell everyone how stupid they were

As long as I am the majority leader.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
So you’re thinking Goat as one of the talking heads / pundits?

I could imagine the shows to be something like this…

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
getting worse and worse for local police. That town's law enforcement already looked incompetent enough as it was. Now we've learned an officer drove right past the suspect as he was waiting to go into the school. Oh and the tactical team arrived earlier than previously reported only to be held back by the police dept. Simply unreal and unfathomable.

Yea, I was really hoping the video of them holding parents back was because they already had other officers attempting to breach where the shooter was and they didn't want more civilians in there to complicate the situation, but it looks like they really were refusing to help while also refusing to let parents attempt to do something.

I don't want things any harder for police, but I'd be willing to consider a tort or criminal charge for officers that refuse to help in active shooter situations. At that point, they've basically been defrauding the local community because they pretend that they're going to provide services in exchange for payment but after they've been collecting money for months or years, when they need to stop the slaughter of innocents, they don't fulfill their duties. So not only did they take money without holding up their end of the bargain, they also ensured that somebody that maybe would have helped didn't have that job.

And it's not like they were asked to wade into gang warfare. They had to go after one gunman. I'm sure I would have been shitting my pants if I had to face down a gunman, even if I had three or four other officers to help, but I'd like to think I could do it if somebody was basically executing elementary school kids.

Last edited:

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Yea, I was really hoping the video of them holding parents back was because they already had other officers attempting to breach where the shooter was and they didn't want more civilians in there to complicate the situation, but it looks like they really were refusing to help while also refusing to let parents attempt to do something.

I don't want things any harder for police, but I'd be willing to consider a tort or criminal charge for officers that refuse to help in active shooter situations. At that point, they've basically been defrauding the local community because they pretend that they're going to provide services in exchange for payment but after they've been collecting money for months or years, when they need to stop the slaughter of innocents, they don't fulfill their duties. So not only did they take money without holding up their end of the bargain, they also ensured that somebody that maybe would have helped didn't have that job.

And it's not like they were asked to wade into gang warfare. They had to go after one gunman. I'm sure I would have been shitting my pants if I had to face down a gunman, even if I had three or four other officers to help, but I'd like to think I could do it if somebody was basically executing elementary school kids.

In the Parkland shooting case, the security guard on duty at the time had multiple charges of child neglect, culpable negligence and perjury brought against him. He faced a possible 96 years in prison. I'm not sure what he ended up getting though.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I'd bet on two things. 1) 98% of the households in Uvalde have guns. 2) some of these "LEO's" who were standing around outside that school will be getting their asses out of there shortly.

Last edited:

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012

The part that got me was that there's a local SWAT team....but it's "part-time" so it can't respond to emergencies. What the hell is the point of a SWAT team that can't respond to emergencies? Is this normal?

The other part doesn't surprise me. That's how they're trained these days.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised that most people honored the request to not walk it political. Refreshing.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

The police literally have no duty to defend citizens. Scotus has ruled this way repeatedly. Many are shocked to learn this. I for one think it is horseshit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/...ot-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Or the last male Clinton in DC, he didn't cull much either **

Who among us wouldn’t do what Clinton did in the Oval Office if given the opportunity… if I ever become President, it might be the first thing I do in the Oval Office**

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Who among us wouldn’t do what Clinton did in the Oval Office if given the opportunity… if I ever become President, it might be the first thing I do in the Oval Office**

Spoken like a true democrat. Puss is important, but the welfare of a nation takes precedence.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Spoken like a true democrat. Puss is important, but the welfare of a nation takes precedence.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Europe, Canada and Australia apparently don't have to worry nearly as much about those warning signs. They must just have fewer boys and young men likely to be mentally ill and unstable enough and from broken homes to commit these types of mass shootings and murders. I wonder what their secret is.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Less freedom. Before you say the kids are safer with less freedom, research what Trudeau’s dad did to the indian children. That’s the exact reason we need guns.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
United States is getting close to a 1T annual military budget

Less freedom. Before you say the kids are safer with less freedom, research what Trudeau’s dad did to the indian children. That’s the exact reason we need guns.

We are safe from external threats. Big plus. Flip side is you are boned should that force decide to become tyrannical against you or me. We crossed that bridge long ago. 2A ain't saving nobody from whoever controls those assets should they be used for nefarious purposes. Any thought that we are or could be on equal ground as a tyranny check is a fantasy at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login