The guys we let go have found OC jobs and we still don’t have an OC

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Can somebobdy splain why Mason Miller is not qualified to promote from within?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
He absolutely is qualified. If you go online and look at this time at Tarleton State you will see he had a strong offense there. Plus I think it was McMurry or something. He has coached at several smaller schools as OL, OC and AHC. Then went to Nevada with Norvell

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Can somebobdy splain why Mason Miller is not qualified to promote from within?
I expect a lot of this has too do with expectations of a new coach and then this staff being loyal to the way leach did things. Would this current offensive staff adapt to the modified offense that arnett wants or would it always be well leach did it this way? Leach isn't here anymore so that makes things difficult. I'm sure that has to do with some of it. Some of the staff might not have respected the decision to promote arnett rather than one of the offensive staff to take over.

Reactions: drumrcraig

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Has he ever been an OC?
Co OC/AHC. He was also a tight ends coach, wr coach, recruiting coordinator. He has been around. I just think it would have been much smoother to make him and Miller Co coordinators and told them to modify the AR and install it this spring. That's what I would have done. Adding Bump probably gonna help recruiting. If I had to Hollingshead woulda been odd man out. And if that sucked I would have had all season to identify a list of available OCs and canned them next year. Check out Tarleton State when Miller was there. Big production

Last edited:

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
He absolutely is qualified. If you go online and look at this time at Tarleton State you will see he had a strong offense there. Plus I think it was McMurry or something. He has coached at several smaller schools as OL, OC and AHC. Then went to Nevada with Norvell
McMurray is a piece of shiт!

His wife can (and most likely would) get it though. His cousin is nice too.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I expect a lot of this has too do with expectations of a new coach and then this staff being loyal to the way leach did things. Would this current offensive staff adapt to the modified offense that arnett wants or would it always be well leach did it this way? Leach isn't here anymore so that makes things difficult. I'm sure that has to do with some of it. Some of the staff might not have respected the decision to promote arnett rather than one of the offensive staff to take over.
I think our D was more of a reason getting 9 wins than the O as our O had ZERO Pulse way too many times and the D constantly bailed the O out. Our O's ineptness cost us the KY and game and possibly the LSU game and our O made the OM and AU games nail biters instead of solid W's. In other words, the right guy was promoted to HC.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Educate YOURself.

McMurray does one thing well and that's run the Agricultural Hall, but even that is disputable.
Apparently you did not read the article. Surely those offensive numbers didn't confuse you. Try reading it

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I don't even know what that means. Those are impressive offensive numbers period. Did some from McMurray State bone your wife ??

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Apparently you did not read the article. Surely those offensive numbers didn't confuse you. Try reading it
McMurray has less than 1,200 students. 98% of their freshman class gets financial assistance so they wouldn't have 1,200 if they didn't have a good financial aid office. There are high schools in TX around them that have more Sr's than they even have students. They play Div 3 ball in the Lone Star Conference (whatever that is)

Tarleton in football this year played Utah Tech, Houston Christian, Southwest Baptist, Southern Utah, Eastern New Mexico and (drum roll please) MS Valley State.

You're actually comparing their football stats to what we need in a coach?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yes I am. I'm comparing the offensive numbers they put up. Yeah, they are playing against D3 competition or whatever that rank is but they are playing with D3 guys on offense too. It's not like his offense was LSU. They were rolling over people. Plenty of coaches dominated their way up thru the ranks. Brian Kelly didn't start out coaching at Cincinnati ya know. Whatever level you are at you are playing against like competition.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I don't even know what that means. Those are impressive offensive numbers period. Did some from McMurray State bone your wife ??
More likely I boned McMurray’s wife. They’re well known swingers that dip heavily into cuckolding.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Yet none at power five schools. Good for them to go get experience at a smaller school
Given the frustration Leach showed with the WR group this past season, I don’t think it’s a given that those coaches would have been back regardless.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Saw that earlier and wondered if that was normal.

Let go Monday
New job announced Friday

Were they already looking to land that quickly?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Should we call you bull or are you more of a clean up guy ?
Letterkenny GIF by Crave

And give your balls a tug.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login