The LA Dodgers just became the prohibitive favorite to win the World Series

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
First signing Ohtani, and now signing Yoshinobu Yamamoto. That's two number one arms that will be in the rotation.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...n-with-yoshinobu-yamamoto-signing/ar-AA1lUscx
The rich just keep getting richer.

Hustling Dave Chappelle GIF

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Will believe it when I see it. At least the Braves won a real title. The Dodgers won a short season mini title.

But as we have seen with the Yankees over the last decade, just because you throw money at a title run doesn't mean it always happens.

ETA: Since the Yankees last title and appearance in a WS in 2009, you've had teams such as the Royals, Tigers, Nats, Braves, Phillies, Rays, Diamondbacks, Cubs, Indians, Mets (pre-Cohen), Giants, Red Sox, and Astros all play in the WS with much smaller payrolls.

Last edited:
Reactions: mdm3045 and trob115

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yep. It’s all about who gets hot in October. Even the best teams can slump and if it’s at the wrong time they’re not any better than anyone else.

Reactions: Dawgg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Haven’t followed the team payroll trends in awhile, but are the Dodgers now at an even bigger payroll than the Yankees? They now have 5 of the top 23 contracts in MLB in terms of annual average salary. The Yankees only have 3, which is the same number as the Rangers.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Sigh.. unfortunately my Dodgers always find a way to 17 it up in October, so I’ll believe it when I see it. Alas, we’ll always have ‘88 guys… and the Covid year.

los angeles dodgers baseball GIF

Reactions: HammerOfTheDogs

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
Reactions: Boom Boom
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login