The major league baseball World Series is going to be fun to watch with Arizona and Texas.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I get so tired of the same old teams always getting in the World Series. Unless the Chicago Cubs are in the playoffs, I rarely watch much of the games. I happen to catch some of game seven of tonight's game and it was exciting. I was keeping up with the score of the Texas game while watching the Monday night football game last night. It sounds like it wasn't a whole lot to watch. I'm really glad cause I am tired of hearing about Houston since I live over here close.

It's great to have change of pace in the World Series. I rarely watch major league baseball but I'm gonna tune into these games. Texas hasn't been to since 2011 I don't think Arizona has ever been. I think it's great anyway if they play each other well it might be the shot in the arm in the arm for baseball.

Reactions: dorndawg

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
I'd much rather it be Baltimore and Atlanta, since they proved they were the best over the course of a 6-month season. I get that schedules aren't perfectly balanced and all that, but the Rangers finished 11 games behind the Orioles, and the Diamondbacks finished 20 (!) games behind the Braves.

At most, it should be 2 teams from each league making the playoffs. 1969 - 1993 had it right, and it would be very easy for MLB to go back to that if they wanted to.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'd much rather it be Baltimore and Atlanta, since they proved they were the best over the course of a 6-month season. I get that schedules aren't perfectly balanced and all that, but the Rangers finished 11 games behind the Orioles, and the Diamondbacks finished 20 (!) games behind the Braves.

At most, it should be 2 teams from each league making the playoffs. 1969 - 1993 had it right, and it would be very easy for MLB to go back to that if they wanted to.
That would be a good series. Unfortunately, they didn't win the playoffs. Not trying to be an ***. It's just you have to do it if you're going to really be the top team of the year. I don't keep up with major league baseball that much but I know how great season that Baltimore and Atlanta had to shame. We didn't get to see them play each other in the finals but that's the way they set it up.

Seems like Atlanta has been allergic to the playoffs since I was watching them back in the days when Dale Murphy, Greg Maddox, and Bob Horner were playing. I can probably name off a whole lot of players from that old team from the 80s when I used to get to watch them play on TBS.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I would have preferred the Rangers vs. Phillies, just for name recognition on the Phillies.

I'm for the Rangers either way, they need a title badly.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
That would be a good series. Unfortunately, they didn't win the playoffs. Not trying to be an ***. It's just you have to do it if you're going to really be the top team of the year. I don't keep up with major league baseball that much but I know how great season that Baltimore and Atlanta had to shame. We didn't get to see them play each other in the finals but that's the way they set it up.

Seems like Atlanta has been allergic to the playoffs since I was watching them back in the days when Dale Murphy, Greg Maddox, and Bob Horner were playing. I can probably name off a whole lot of players from that old team from the 80s when I used to get to watch them play on TBS.
That's the unfortunate side of the nature of MLB. The best teams win 60-65% of their games. In other sports, that can be 90%. When you're only a 60/40 favorite, it's hard to string together multiple series wins, just due to the odds. To win 3 straight games/series as a 60/40 favorite (assuming straight odds, which is over simplified), there's only a 21.6% chance. If a 15 or 16 win NFL team had a 20% chance of winning the Superbowl, that would be stupid. MLB just doesn't fit with extended playoffs, at least not without some significant adjustments.

The Braves of the 90s were hindered in that TV broadcasts started using an overhead view of home plate with overlaid pitch tracks, and commentators harped on Maddux and Glavine getting strike calls on pitches off the plate. So umps started changing how they called the strike zone once the playoffs started. As great as they were, even they had a hard time adjusting to a new strike zone on game 163.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login